• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broken ski rubber

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Just get a set of SLP Mohawks. Much better skis and much better rubbers. Two problems solved at once.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just get a set of SLP Mohawks. Much better skis and much better rubbers. Two problems solved at once.

I found the slp ski’s to be darty on hardpack and have increased steering effort.

That’s good you like them though.
Sure is a lot of folks out there with stock ski’s who appreciate a fix without spending coin on new ski’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
Feb 1, 2015
Ski Spindle Pads from Skinz

If you are looking for a better fix, and one that is easier to get a hold of, check these out! They sit down into the ski's, and give the rubbers a flat surface to press against. They are designed to keep the rubbers from blowing out!

They are 75.00 bucks!

IMG_1611.jpg IMG_1612.jpg IMG_1613.jpg

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Sorry, but that's the silliest thing I've seen today. A flat bar of 1/16" aluminum will do the exact same thing for maybe $5. Filling the voids does nothing, but if you really want them filled, squirt in some silicone before you place the flat bar over the top.

I have a SBA that's going on the third season with a thin piece of UHMW instead of aluminum. Didn't fill the voids and no issues.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Sorry, but that's the silliest thing I've seen today. A flat bar of 1/16" aluminum will do the exact same thing for maybe $5. Filling the voids does nothing, but if you really want them filled, squirt in some silicone before you place the flat bar over the top.

I have a SBA that's going on the third season with a thin piece of UHMW instead of aluminum. Didn't fill the voids and no issues.

I put a thin piece of steel in mine without filling the voids, think it made my problem worse. Water would get in there, freeze, and put even more pressure on the mounts.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Great day yesterday carving through some dense pow with no ski stuffing issues.
The polyurethane is the way to go.

Well the ski’s got used sometimes.
0a0ef46506b4c97f978704e9dfe2c20f.jpg

Note the perfect ski position.
Zero sag or flopping.

That will never last with a rubber based material ski damper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

halffast800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Hazel SD
I tried the skinz thingies.
We were riding in Buffalo Pass and split a ski rubber. Went to kremling and picked up two sets of new ones. And skinz thingies. Took about 2 hours of riding and downhill turns before we wrecked the first one. By the end of the day all of my rubbers were junk. Two sleds. 4 rubbers and 150 bucks for aluminum. Not the answer for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features