• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally got them mtn cats

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
The tunnel behind the seat is flimsy as hell. Seems like it will dent easy. I noticed the aluminum holding the brake light wiring to the tunnel is missing rivets right where it will dent most easily on the top of the tunnel. I'm going to put in a couple more rivets in the empty holes in the aluminum wiring holder there as it will stiffen the tunnel up more.
Mine is like yours. I'm deleting the tailight.... I fear it may bend that tunnel cap.. The 13 I have in the shop measures .0625 on the tail in raw finish. This 18 is around .040 with the paint on it. Good thing it's only real job is keeping the snow down. They will bend easier than a Polaris. Haha

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
17MC was advertised thinner rear section of tunnel too... no problems i have seen.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
There was early release mt Cats too.

Technically the grey sled is the "early release" sled and the black with green graphics (same colors as the snocheck MC) was termed "early build". Supposedly none of them came with some of the light weight parts the production build sleds will get. Still waiting to weigh the 3 different sleds and see what the actual weight difference is between the ER, EB and production sled. Going to be very disappointed if the production 162 isnt under 540lbs RTR.

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Aluminum driveshaft

Word has it around Hay Days there are 3-4 different driveshaft versions on the 2018's.the aluminum one has had some issues (splines are thin and breaking)and Cat is currently working on it ....hence the steal shaft showing up on later builds

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
the thinner rear tunnel section dent very easier than before, (i have a 16' 162 before).
When you are stuck and you pull the rear bumper, you feel the flex of the rear tunnel section. I looking for renforcement or a better rear bumper, a new rear bumper from cat look great.

But i like my new 18'MC 153:face-icon-small-hap, i run with old style Diamond S can (best weight saver and best sound) I have 2 steel shaft and it's dont stop me to climb on hill and make a great sidehill. This sled is amazing.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
the thinner rear tunnel section dent very easier than before, (i have a 16' 162 before).
When you are stuck and you pull the rear bumper, you feel the flex of the rear tunnel section. I looking for renforcement or a better rear bumper, a new rear bumper from cat look great.

But i like my new 18'MC 153:face-icon-small-hap, i run with old style Diamond S can (best weight saver and best sound) I have 2 steel shaft and it's dont stop me to climb on hill and make a great sidehill. This sled is amazing.
I wouldn't get the cat pro MTN rear bumper, I broke 4 of em last year don't ask me how but they all broke
face-icon-small-sad.gif

pitchervy

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2017
Valpo, Indiana
Mine is like yours. I'm deleting the tailight.... I fear it may bend that tunnel cap.. The 13 I have in the shop measures .0625 on the tail in raw finish. This 18 is around .040 with the paint on it. Good thing it's only real job is keeping the snow down. They will bend easier than a Polaris. Haha

B&M Fab
Any update on the 18 Cat front bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
He is slightly redesigning the one he did for Hay Days. There should be one on his sled at the Denver Snow show. I doubt I'll have mine for the snow show though. So I'm guessing late October

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Been busy with customer orders like crazy lately and haven't been able to get them finalized and finished up. Will have time next week to work on them and get my laser cut plates going. Front bumper will get worked over a little bit, I wasn't a huge fan of the front tube placement. Rear bumper will be close to what is on the sled currently and it will be in the Front Range Powersports booth (used to be front range arctic cat) next weekend in Colorado.

Premium Features