• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 xm cutting out.

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
my 13 xm 800 cuts out at 7200-7300 rpms.acts like it does when you hit the rev limiter.3000 miles on it never touched the plugs yet?could that be it ,does not do it all the time but quite often.thanks for the help..........:face-icon-small-dis

kcZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 1, 2014
Happens to me going across a lake from time to time. I changed the plugs but it still did it. I was getting RAVE related codes so I pulled those out and cleaned them but have not gotten to test it yet. My RAVE valves were very sticky so I could see that causing the problem.

kcZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 1, 2014
I was able to test ride the sled before my final Montana trip. I cleaned the RAVE valves which were very gummy. Test ride showed a RAVE error still occurring so I took it to the dealer and they found a melted RAVE sensor and replaced it. I have not had any problems since this was fixed.

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
cutting

had the fuel pump replaced do to low pressure and filter replaced.still having a ploblem,not throwing any codes.was told by dealer that primary clutch needs rebuild,we will see if that solves the problem?

Premium Features