• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is a SNOWBIKE?

G
Nov 30, 2007
snowbike.jpg

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
my snowbike

A awsome sxv550 aprillia that has its wheels back on for summer but missing a few vital parts so it can be rode on the street. Mike get me my stuff your killing me.

A
Mar 4, 2008
Its the freedom to go where ever you want, and challenge yourself in areas that are off limits to sleds. Thats what a Snow bike is. Its the 30 second challenge I give to any sledder that I come across. Follow me for 30 seconds and I will give you a snow bike kit. Its the thumbs up riding down the trails. Its the dumbfounded look on there face when I just rode in and area that was considered unrideable. Its the coolness of being on a new product.

Attachments

• idaho jump2.jpg
    idaho jump2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 266

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
Its the freedom to go where ever you want, and challenge yourself in areas that are off limits to sleds. Thats what a Snow bike is. Its the 30 second challenge I give to any sledder that I come across. Follow me for 30 seconds and I will give you a snow bike kit. Its the thumbs up riding down the trails. Its the dumbfounded look on there face when I just rode in and area that was considered unrideable. Its the coolness of being on a new product.

so you only want me to follow you for 30 sec. and you will give me your snowbike swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
An older idea than most realize.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/1336497556.html

VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE TO SNOWMOBILE CONVERSION TRAC -

You might be familiar with the new 2MOTO conversions for the big dirt bikes but BACK up 40 years to an earlier versions made. Some guys near spokane WA. that owned a TRIUMP dealer ship built these kits and sold them for only a couple years....... They actually mounted these on 650 triumps and I was told there was nothing that could catch them in the snow. They were marketed to adapt to most any bike made back then. As shown in add on a Honda, maybe 250cc's.
This is a SHREW SNOW CYCLE built around 1967. This unit was pulled out of a warehouse were it had sat for 40 years.... NEVER USED...

3n33o13l55O65Qc5P398mf20a65121ced1b14.jpg

3k93m73l55Oc5P05R798m258196fffbe71c18.jpg

PostingID: 1336497556

Last edited:
M
May 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have some questions about the strengths and weaknesses of these setups. I'm very interested in them, and I hope I see one out on the snow this year.

Can you pull downhill turns easily?

Does the front want to wash out or push when the snow is harder?

How much does the kit gear down the bike?

What gear can you pull in the deep stuff? ( trackspeed? )

Thanks!

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
traction

I can really only speak about the explorer kit. The ski is just like the hawk ski and I think it works awsome, even on the hard pack stuff. I think the ski setup on the 2moto is very critical on the snow condition from what I have seen. Darry is the one with that knowledge.

As far as gearing we all gear the bikes down a tooth or 2 in the front for more low end power. In the deep it all depends on the bike I guess. 3rd gear probally. Hope this helps

Premium Features