• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Camping / Hunting Blind ?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
We have a cpl of GP tents that we are looking to use, but also considering a shanty or blind too. The shantys we have found are nice and rugged, but not big enough to git even one cot in. It has taken some looking, but I did find a cpl blinds in Cabelas (cpl yr old cattalog tho too?) that are big enough.

I don't think that anyone in our group would git much use of the shanty, but the blind could be used actually as a blind later.

We are fingering on setting camp in the trees outta the wind, so I don't think we need the ruggedness of the shanty, tho it would be nice. We're not backpacking - so 100% lightweight and such isn't quite the issue either.

One thing tho is that I aint so sure if these blinds can close the winders? They have these "shoot through" winders and we really don't need the snow/wind (rain!) shooting back through the other way eh? Are these normally zippered? Or maybe tied down at least?

I'm not sure that we need another "tent" at this point or not, but looking...

Last edited:
Premium Features