• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Board/Ski Racks,Scratchers/tunnel racks etc

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
S
Dec 3, 2007
Vernon BC
Hey guys and gals just thought id pass on a little info for anyone looking for board/ski racks for their sleds,scratchers,tunnel racks etc.The gear all looks killer...a buddy told me about the snowboard rack and highly recommended it....so recently i just ordered a gold snowboard package and reversable scratchers.Dave from CFR(Cheetah Factory Racing) is great to deal and knows his product well...and hes a BC boy(Pemberton)

http://cheetahfactoryracing.com/store/index.php?cPath=21

Last edited:

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Hey guys and gals just thought id pass on a little info for anyone looking for board/ski racks for their sleds,scratchers,tunnel racks etc.The gear all looks killer...a buddy told me about the snowboard rack and highly reccommended it....so recently i just ordered a gold snowboard package and reversable scratchers.Dave from CFR(Cheetah Factory Racing) is great to deal and knows his product well...and hes a BC boy(Pemberton)

http://cheetahfactoryracing.com/store/index.php?cPath=21

Dave is a great guy! Great stuff and is certainly an innovator to the smowmobile industry.

good thread

I am glad someone started this thread. we are looking for three racks and don't really know what to do. I have heard that the Cheetah's are the best but appreciate feedback about them all.

Does ski doo still offer a board holder? I have a buddy who has one and it looks really simple. He has only used it once so far but said it seemed to work pretty well. Was just on the BRP site and couldn't find one.

Both systems have their pluses and minus's...
We have the X-rack, a number of our friends use the Cheetahs.

Our buddies that are using the Cheetahs to carry boards seem pretty happy with them, the guys carrying skis less so. On their racks, skis seam to bounce around a lot, no mater how tight the straps are. On the plus side: for the Cheetah (in my opinion) are weight, and the ski and board attaching hardware seems secure. On the minus side: Attachment does not promote quick removal of the rack, doesn't hold skis as securely.

We have had good luck with the X-rack. Skis and boards are held into yokes with two bungies on each side. This makes for quick transitions and they are easy to deal with wearing gloves. We did end up replacing the stock bungies with Shockles though. http://www.shockles.com/

On the plus side for the X-Rack: it can be quickly removed if we aren't bringing boards or skis, holds boards and skis very securely. On the minus side: weighs more then the the Cheetah, and the stock bungies will eventually fail.

THe BRP rack is a joke, don't bother.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
I've used the cheetah rack and it works great. Only problem is that it is not removeable.

Now i just use a $20 ATV Gun rack. works fine. nothing fancy.

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
ATV gun racks for skis work pretty good and are cheap. You just can't go 90 down the trail and take big drops. They come off very easy as well so when you are "sleddin" they aren't in the way. Probally won't work for snowboards though.

CFR snowmobile racks and accessories

The CFR Dual ski brackets hold skis and poles as tight as you need when the straps are adjusted to the right lengths. Please contact me @ dave@cheetahfactoryracing.com if you are having problems and i can explain how to do that. To remove the racks requires an 11 mill open end wrench and a ratchet driver with a ll mill socket. Takes a few minutes. Put an 11 mill socket on a electric/cordless drill and an open end wrench and it takes 30 seconds. I hope this clears things up and any more questions or problems please post it up here or contact me directly.

Thanks,

Dave@CFR

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
works fine on a my mountain max
CIMG0514.jpg

CIMG0518.jpg

Here is what i did on my vector. Bungee's work great but make sure you carry extra's with you.

skirack.jpg

skirack2.jpg

skirack3.jpg

skirack4.jpg

Both systems work great.

Premium Features