• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 KTM AER 48-Updated Parts?

T
Aug 12, 2008
Misery Bay, MI
Any suspension tuners see the updated parts and seals they put in the 2017.5 Factory 450SX? I'm not a 100% up to speed on why or how the AER was failing but wondering if these could cure the issue? Thanks.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Any suspension tuners see the updated parts and seals they put in the 2017.5 Factory 450SX? I'm not a 100% up to speed on why or how the AER was failing but wondering if these could cure the issue? Thanks.

The AER even with update kit will fail. Install spring kit

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Get ahold of Brockstar Performance. Sounds like hes got them dialed in!
the air seal will not hold I'n the cold climate.they work great in the dirt. changing to the new scraper ring and seal still fail in the cold.get someone to sell you some snake oil .,,

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
I follow him on Instagram and he posted a few vids/pics of him coming up with a fix and commenting that the forks are still holding up after his 2monthes of abuse. Might be worth a call to him. Hes a cool dude and takes the time to talk to u!

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
I have had a flawless season with my fix and tune from Kreft Moto Suspension.

T
Aug 12, 2008
Misery Bay, MI
The new parts I was referencing were noted by my suspension tuner. They don't do snow and didn't comment on the significance but there are new seals, new air piston, new wiper seals and rebound spring . This all WP updated parts for the 2018 not some other aftermarket company. Maybe this stuff is the answer?

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
What kind of fix did Kreft offer?

New seals and seal swelling grease.
I've put 30+ hours on them since the fix with no collapse. It's seen 0-30 degree Fahrenheit. I've heard some people running updated seals still having trouble. Mine has been great!

B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
If anyone wants to trade the air forks for a set of 2014 WP forks with Riders Edge valving and springs for a 180lb rider - I would be game. I am turning my 300xc back to woods only. Seems a shame to put them back to stock valving

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Kreft to the rescue

There are a few shops that fix the o-ring in the air chamber to never lock down. Brockstar is one of them... the other is Kreft.

Although very high dollar I went the Kreft route as they have something called revalve control. it's an external revalve adjuster on the fork that lets you revalve on the fly. I can run my dampening fork wood soft for trails all summer then crank it down to take big hits and drops on the snow bike. They also guarantee the fork to not stick down after thier fix of the o-ring, they also improve the spring rate on the air chamber drastically and do a nitrogen charge on the negative chamber so it's super consistent.

These are the best forks I've ever used to date now that I've had them worked by Kreft. Even better than KYB SSS with factory connection work performed.

http://www.kreftmoto.com/aer48-revalve-control/

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
There are a few shops that fix the o-ring in the air chamber to never lock down. Brockstar is one of them... the other is Kreft.

Although very high dollar I went the Kreft route as they have something called revalve control. it's an external revalve adjuster on the fork that lets you revalve on the fly. I can run my dampening fork wood soft for trails all summer then crank it down to take big hits and drops on the snow bike. They also guarantee the fork to not stick down after thier fix of the o-ring, they also improve the spring rate on the air chamber drastically and do a nitrogen charge on the negative chamber so it's super consistent.

These are the best forks I've ever used to date now that I've had them worked by Kreft. Even better than KYB SSS with factory connection work performed.

http://www.kreftmoto.com/aer48-revalve-control/

The AER are even failing in the dirt,
Kreft has a fix and has made them reliable on the dirt, I also have the new seals and in the snow where temps are below 0 they still fail. The air fork is not reliable in such cold environment's. Who has run them a full season hard on a snow bike?

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I've not had any sub-zero days... but a few at around 3 to 5 degrees without any issues on the AER after the o-ring and grease fix. a few guys in the thread said that they ran full seasons without issue. Bendburap being one on Freft fixed. Have your Kreft worked AER failed at sub 0 Byeatts?

K

ktmbrock

Dec 3, 2011
cove ut
www.brockstarperformance.com
Money back ?

Brockstar suspension will be the first to offer the 100% money back guarantee if you have to ride out with flat WP air forks after purchasing a
Snowbike revalve/Snowbike cartridge seal updates ($199)
#arsairforkfix valve ($99)

This cartridge update works equally as well and reliable for summer /dirt riding as well. Save your shim stack for dirt and throw it back in for dirt season and you are set for both seasons.

The ARSVALVE (Air.Recovery.System) can be installed by anyone that has the tools and capability of replacing fork seals. This simple part will give you the 100% confidence in your forks that you expect when heading out in below 0 Snowbike days, Pro level motocross race, or a 3 day trip to the desert. If the air does bleed past even the 2018 updated wp seal, the ARSValve will return the fork to the top of the stroke by allowing the pressure to equalize between chambers.
I had over 20 sets of forks on the snow last season with these updates and 0 failures. I personally ran the Airforks on both of my Timbersleds, and ended up revalving the compression fork about 8 times. Testing different shim configurations with a custom blend of snowbike specific fork oil.
The very best setup that I ran, was with the Mx-Tech A-48 R system in conjunction with my Snowbike valving, cartridge seal and ARSValve.
Mx tech valve adds $325 to the price, but it is well worth it if you want the best. This allows you to tune your air pressure /progression between 3 separate chambers. Better bottoming resistance without having to run such a high pressure in the main chamber. On dirt the A48 r is amazing for a magic carpet ride through he rocks, with enough progression and bottoming resistance to ride the moto track!
Feel free to call or text me with questions
Brock (@brockstar36)
(435) 232-1604
Ktmbrock@yahoo.com

IMG_1168.jpg

Premium Features