• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo-Running Problem

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Thinking about buying a different scale for the primary weights. Don't trust mine :face-icon-small-con

manitoba_boy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SW Manitoba
I also have the above scale and it seems good. Purchased a set of 5 different calibration weights just to check it and it was dead on with each weight and any combination of weights.

N
Jan 1, 2017
You have all springs doubled up on the y pipe as well? They're a must on all 3 hooks, the bottom one is a pain but a necessity, the waste gate port alignment, the plug(setscrew) is located directly above the fitting and hose leaving the wastegate. But at low elevation, at least 81 grams is a must, i was just positive i had over 81 and when they weighed them I was at 78.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Playing from 150' - 1000' yesterday in some well setup snow and steep inclines sled ran absolutely flawless. 3# spring, 82.5grams, 50/50 AV100LL. Akfullthrottle and I have some new scales on the way so it'll be interesting to see what these say the weights are at.

N
Jan 1, 2017
Awesome, thought mine was fixed but still having same problem, comes and goes, sometimes it will run perfect and then it does it's Missing,cutting out. I added more weight, at about 83 grams. Seemed better in the little bit of deep snow I could find, maybe still hitting rev limiter? But sure doesn't seem like it.

N
Jan 1, 2017
Haven't gotten a chance to really ride it with that weight yet, took it for a couple rips but it was late and very cold and didn't have enough room to watch the tach.

N
Jan 1, 2017
One thing I did seem to notice the other day when I went out, put about 30 miles on mostly on the trail, but when the engine temp was like 140 or so, didn't seem to have the issue, and when it would come back around the 120 range seemed to make a difference...I was reading in a different thread about the intake air temp changing and the ecm not keeping up, is it possibly something to do with intake/engine temp?

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Has anyone found out the golden ticket to this issue? Is it just related low elevation or is it a issue at both high and low?

Reason I ask is I seem to be chasing this issue... it comes and go and can never pinpoint any consistent pattern and I am at low elevation trying to figure it out before heading out west. I don't have a huge concern because when I am playing on the hills or powder the gremlin doesn't show up but when in a trail or testing in a field it seems to pop up every once and awhile. I am running the 3psi silber with 50/50 av/ premium.

R
Jan 20, 2014
My friend on both have the silbers at low elevation and we have tried everything we can think of and it is still doing it. We sent our ECU's back to Silber to see if there was an issue with the flash/tune that is in them (we are waiting for them to come back)

One thing I was thinking it might possibly be (again this is just my guess)...Is that there are 3 different color injectors with 3 different flow rates. My friend and I both have yellow injectors. Maybe when Silber flashes these ECU's they flash them to a red or blue injector and if you have something other then what they flash it to you have these issues. Inside digital wrench you can tell the ECU it has different color injector which we are going to try and see if that changes anything.

We would really love to get this figured out and are ready to try anything.

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My friend on both have the silbers at low elevation and we have tried everything we can think of and it is still doing it. We sent our ECU's back to Silber to see if there was an issue with the flash/tune that is in them (we are waiting for them to come back)

One thing I was thinking it might possibly be (again this is just my guess)...Is that there are 3 different color injectors with 3 different flow rates. My friend and I both have yellow injectors. Maybe when Silber flashes these ECU's they flash them to a red or blue injector and if you have something other then what they flash it to you have these issues. Inside digital wrench you can tell the ECU it has different color injector which we are going to try and see if that changes anything.

We would really love to get this figured out and are ready to try anything.

Let me know what happens. I also have the yellow injector harness...

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I personally think Clutching is huge. We've been tinkering with mine to see what different setups run well, and which ones run great. I'm down to 77.8 grams on 3lbs of boost at sea level riding and I'm not longer getting any poppingor stuttering noise.

R
Jan 20, 2014
I personally think Clutching is huge. We've been tinkering with mine to see what different setups run well, and which ones run great. I'm down to 77.8 grams on 3lbs of boost at sea level riding and I'm not longer getting any poppingor stuttering noise.

I am very glad to here that...Can you please share the rest of your set up.

Just to confirm you are running 77.8 grams of weight in the primary, 3 pound spring and you are at sea level:

Can you please tell me the following:

-What is your fuel mixture?
-What is your primary and secondary spring?
-What helix angle?
-Do you know what color injectors you have?

Please let me know and thank you for your help

Scott

N
Jan 1, 2017
Still seeing my issue at sea level, but at 6-9,000 feet it runs great....I believe in low snow, low load conditions, it's not loading the motor enough. I really think it's clutching, I don't think just throwing weight at it fixes it, would be nice to know what works good At 3lbs boost at sea level....

Premium Features