• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

650 rino 24k sd card not showing in unit?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I just received in the mail 2 preloaded sd cards, I purchased Northwest, Wa/OR and Mountain North ID/MT/WY. and I put either card in my rino unit and power it back on and then go into setup touch maps then maps info and it isn`t showing as a 24k topo map option just showed Basemap, Digital Globe Demo and USGS Quads/grand canyon national park. I only have the Basecamp enable and still doesn`t list the 24k topo either card .

I disables everything showing then reboot and still doesn`t register weird that 2 cards from different places would do the same.

Any Ideas, Thanks Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello xc, thanks I got it working.

They are garmin sd cards, I was setting with my laptop on my lap browsing snowest and dootalk and garmin etc trying to figure out why I couldn`t get these card to show so I gave up and shut everything down last night went to bed after getting to work today I brang my 650 with me and the cards and looked up garmin phone number to call there tech line then decided to retry the cards while I was at word I turned on the unit and then went to the maps infor and There it was ( 24k topo mountain north) then I took that card out and put in the 24k topo Northwest and it also registered.

evidently while I am setting here in front of the laptop and having the rino in my hand that's why it wouldn`t show also noticed rino would loose satellite signal in front of the laptop buy I would hold it arm length out away from the pc and would get signal and there the maps would show, Weird but maybe the wireless signal from the laptop effects the accuracy and signal/ operation of the rino.

Anyway all works good now..

Wildcard

D
Jun 25, 2012
I just received two Garmin Rhino 655T for Christmas. For the Lake Wenatchee/Fish Lake area what maps would be best to use for snowmobile trails in the area?

Thank you in advance for your advise/help.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Damon, hope someone chimes in and answers your question, cause my first ride on my Rino last Sunday I got to use the track option and set many waypoints and that works great, had it set to Recreational of course and I could see main roads buy no trails cause I hadn`t received my 24k topo maps yet, Hope to get out soon to try out the new Maps to see if it shows trails and stuff here in Id and Wa since I live just on the border of the 2 and rider either side.

crappy part of my area was I had to purchase two different 24k topo maps to get my riding areas, 24k topo Northwest = WA/OR and Mountain North = Id, MT, WY. so since I live in Clarkston Wa, and right across town/river is Lewiston Id, I look at the gps and everything fron the river to the east is blank screen and visavera, Lol but the Detail of the 24k topo is amazing doesn1`t even campare to the Basemap on the 650 of course you have a 655t it should already be loaded with 100k topo and I hear is pretty good buy 24k is more detailed. I also am researching the Birdseye on info to even Improve the 24k.

This Rino 650 is Awesome so far tons of options and super cool device.

Good Luck, Wildcard

Premium Features