• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

det codes on bullydog upgrade

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Hey guys having some problems with my 2013 turbo pro. Recently put the bullydog upgrade on it and took for a test ride at around 1700 feet in altittude. Was instantly throwing det codes and engine derated itself as soon as I pinned the throttle. Thought I may be over reving so I put 80 gram weights in and then it had a massive bog when I did wot but didnt get the derate det code after? Boost reads 8psi and I cant turn it down any more( boost controler is backed right off) I guess my quistion is, is their somthing wrong with my boost controler and what could be causing the det codes and big bottom end bog?

Also I am running strate 100ll

Hope someoe can help me out.

Cheers

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
What were you running for boost prior to the upgrade? Any other changes or maintenance done to the kit?

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
This is first time on the turbo kit so I don't have any other numbers. Should I not be able to run a lower boost with my boost dial turned all the way down. I don't think it has to do with bully dog ecu reflash. I think it make be something else

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
The air horns in the hood are they removed?

Also what is all done to the sled?

Thanks

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
And the foam behind the vents on the hood? Check to make sure spark plugs are tight, I would also run 50av/50pump mix.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Yea foam under screens is removed as well. I know guys that run 50 50 and I know guys running strate 100ll. I get cheap 100ll so I figured why not just run strate. Can't figure out this det issue tho. Makes no sence. I thought the bullydog would be the way to go but I must be missing something

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Hey guys having some problems with my 2013 turbo pro. Recently put the bullydog upgrade on it and took for a test ride at around 1700 feet in altittude. Was instantly throwing det codes and engine derated itself as soon as I pinned the throttle. Thought I may be over reving so I put 80 gram weights in and then it had a massive bog when I did wot but didnt get the derate det code after? Boost reads 8psi and I cant turn it down any more( boost controler is backed right off) I guess my quistion is, is their somthing wrong with my boost controler and what could be causing the det codes and big bottom end bog?

Also I am running strate 100ll

Hope someoe can help me out.

Cheers

You most likely have the normal psi wastegate spring in your actuator (set at 7psi) so that will be the lowest you can get the boost pressure unless you install the low psi spring (3psi). But IMO I wouldn't do it because I had issues with the spring not having enough tension to keep the wastegate closed after cycling (gate was stuck open).

Is it bogging from a dead stop WOT stab or a roll on the throttle stab to WOT? You could have too much weight in your clutch causing the motor to be loaded too much. Try loading all the weight at the tip of the weight instead of the heel because at idle, your sled isn't building any boost and making stock power. So the trick is to have a heavy enough weight to keep peak RPM below rev limit, but light on engagement for stock like power. I ran a Team Pink 180/320# spring with I around 78g weight (base 65g-2.0g heel, 5.5g mid, 5.5g tip) at 0-3000ft at 10 psi boost. So maybe try running 76g weight at 8psi. What clutch setup were you running when it was detting?

And 100LL is fine for that altitude and boost pressure. I ran 10-12psi boost at 0-3000ft with no det issues on Av gas 100LL. And that was with a PAR 12.5:1 head.

Last edited:
B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Thanks for the the replies guys. I have the 3 Bar map sensor in the boot. The engine would bog and show severe det codes when I stabbed throttle from a mild throttle application to wot. I loaded weights evenly across the base weight but today I will try to keep the weight more towards the toe of the weight. I threw in around 83 gram weights to keep from over revving but maybe that's to heavy. What do these machines have their rev limiters set at? And does over revving or hitting limiter cause det codes?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Thanks for the the replies guys. I have the 3 Bar map sensor in the boot. The engine would bog and show severe det codes when I stabbed throttle from a mild throttle application to wot. I loaded weights evenly across the base weight but today I will try to keep the weight more towards the toe of the weight. I threw in around 83 gram weights to keep from over revving but maybe that's to heavy. What do these machines have their rev limiters set at? And does over revving or hitting limiter cause det codes?

8500rpm is where the rev limit is. And yes, over revving can cause det and limp mode. And ya that's a lot of weight for the boost u are running.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Got rid of the det problem but now sleds just bogs as soon as i ease onto throttle from a stand still like it's Flooding when I hit throotle even a little bit and its hanging at 4000 ramp at idle untill I chop throttle a few times then it idles down. I checked throttle cable and its not hanging up on anything and bullydog display said its at 0 % throttle at idle. Man I am having nothing but problems with this kit so far. Could barely get it back to shop. No det lights or codes present. Tried Justin but can't get ahold of him. Also my bullydog display said I am running 19-20 percent det at idle on both mag and pto. Can anyone out their help me figure this out before I toss kit in the garbage.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Yes it is. No one can figure it out. Hits det all the time and bogs even with light throttle to full throttle stabs. Talking to Justine and can't get it running worth a sh*t. Tried strate av gas and then tried 50 50 mix of av and premium with no difference at all. So frustrated with this kit. Thought bullydog would be the way to go but so far no luck

Premium Features