• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK Performance New Product Release Part 2

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
From what I've heard they are running larger injectors than stock to fuel higher boost levels. The bully dog allows them to scale the fueling easily for the different sized injectors by the sounds of it. I didn't hear this directly from MTNTK, but its how I understood it from reading up on here between these threads and the Silber threads.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
This is exactly why Boondocker hasn't fully jumped on board with only using the Bullydog, they will be using it to fine tune some points of the motor but without larger injectors/extra injectors 6lbs really is the max.

I think this has been said before.

It sounds like most turbo builders are using larger injectors in place of the stock ones.

I wish the companies who are selling kits with bullydog fuel controllers would expand on their fuel delivery.

Is there any benefit to running extra injectors over larger injectors besides maybe little better fuel economy, mayber a little better atomization of the fuel?? Does the fuel with the extra injectors help cool the charge temps much? I thought I thought heard once from the Turbo Performance guys the fuel helps cool the crank case or something too?

Just curious cause you would think not running extra injectors would be a lot less of a hassle and lot simpler but some guys swear by them and the next hate them.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Is there any benefit to running extra injectors over larger injectors besides maybe little better fuel economy, mayber a little better atomization of the fuel?? Does the fuel with the extra injectors help cool the charge temps much? I thought I thought heard once from the Turbo Performance guys the fuel helps cool the crank case or something too?

Just curious cause you would think not running extra injectors would be a lot less of a hassle and lot simpler but some guys swear by them and the next hate them.

Not sure to be honest, but anytime you add more fuel and oil to a 2stroke you're making the engine more efficient

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
But your not adding more fuel through the extra injectors over the bigger injectors...IMO the bigger is the way to go. That way there is no trying to tune out a rich or lean spot right as they come on. Also IMO that was the biggest problem area of the cfi 4.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IMO the bigger is the way to go. That way there is no trying to tune out a rich or lean spot right as they come on. Also IMO that was the biggest problem area of the cfi 4.

Just something to keep in mind now.

as kits are replacing the stock injectors with units approx 40% larger this makes fine tuning that much harder to dial in perfectly. the low speed cruising/ boost transition on pro's has been a pain for a while now. now every correction that your ecu applies to your fueling based on air temp, pressure, etc, now changes the actual fuel output 40% more. just makes everything more exagerated and hard to nail down.

imagine taking a 10' pole and trying to poke a specific dot with it. now go to a 14' pole and do it again, its obviously going to get harder to do.

With the technology we have now things can obviously be dialed in and made to work just fine, but again, going from extra injectors to larger stockers just brings up a new set of problems. like anything, just opens up a new can of worms.:face-icon-small-coo

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
One benefit of the extra injectors is they help cool the intake air temps and also help extend reed life.

Bigger injector, when you can actively control them is the way to go. The closer to the crankcase you can inject, the best control over AFR you get (no parasitic lost) you get. You do not cool down intake temp by injecting fuel in the intake, air temp stay the same but you actualy warming up your fuel going into the engine....you only see that type of behaviour in the powersports industry or in setups where you do not control injector/timming/boost. Factories are investing millions of $$$ trying to inject closer to the combustion chamber (direct injection) and suddenly some dude in the powersports industry are reinventing the wheel?? Intercooler for air temp and larger injectors for too high duty cycle, plan and simple.

vi-pec powersports

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Factories are investing millions of $$$ trying to inject closer to the combustion chamber (direct injection) and suddenly some dude in the powersports industry are reinventing the wheel??

or are factories investing the $$ for emissions and ability to retain the power they already have..... power is not there #1 concern for everyone, the overwhelming power of the EPA is.:laser:

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
or are factories investing the $$ for emissions and ability to retain the power they already have
Lots of reason but at the end, nobody injecting in the charge tube for cooling effect :banghead: (not that it won t work, there is easier way to get the job done like bigger injectors) also the injection timming on a 2 stroke is way less and critical, the closest possible to the crankcase, the better.

vi-pec powersports

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Soooo there oiling the turbo with two stroke oil:face-icon-small-con?

Looks good though I like the light aluminum muffler... Instead of the low volume airbox, why not a tubular airbox?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Definitely some bold statements for sure.. We will see how it runs. I agree that the more you simplify your kit, the less parts to fail. But I am not sure if using the injection pump is the right answer. I like the muffler though, and the bullydog. Thanks for sharing!

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I didn't think using 2 stroke oil to lubricate a turbo was all that new, but using it from the injection pump was a new idea. Isn't there some turbo specific oil sold from one of the big kit companies that is basically 2 stroke oil relabeled for all intents and purposes? Will be interesting to see this one run for sure.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Temps?

Would like to know what the chargebox/tube temps are...on an average and after several passes up the hill.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Not anything new in the oiling world. we oiled the m sleds and 2005 600 rmks that way... Just different wording on the same thing.

Two stroke oil has been used for a long time. Easy to come by on the hill and have never ever had a problem.

Gracefull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Looks Awesome, Shawn...
Can't wait to ride it at ray's this year when we come down. Might have to upgrade my Silber...lol

Premium Features