• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse XM Turbo

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Zeb was that the rev limiter it hit a couple times in the vid when it sounds like it cut out a bit? You guys have the clutching pretty dialed or still working on it?

Clutching is dialed. These vids were the first day we turned up the boost and if he did hit the rev limiter we could just turn the clicker down a click.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I don't hear it cut out at all?

45 second mark you can hear it pretty clear, sounds like rev limiter. It does it a couple other times if you listen close. Not trying to pick it apart cause it does sound great, if its rev limiter its no big deal anyways.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
45 second mark you can hear it pretty clear, sounds like rev limiter. It does it a couple other times if you listen close. Not trying to pick it apart cause it does sound great, if its rev limiter its no big deal anyways.

I think you are actually hearing snow cover the exhaust. It's not cutting out at all, just changing the exhaust note slightly as the exhaust skips over different snow levels.

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I have been on Polaris a long time. That almost makes me consider switching to Doo. That thing smokes. I don't know if it's the vids or what. It's one of the few turbo's that didn't go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr off the bottom end. If that makes sense.

It still didnt run straight off the bottom you could hear it in the video where he said he turned the boost to 9-10 when he first started he reved it a little before he went and still had bog my aerocharger does the same thing and i run 7 psi

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
It still didnt run straight off the bottom you could hear it in the video where he said he turned the boost to 9-10 when he first started he reved it a little before he went and still had bog my aerocharger does the same thing and i run 7 psi

There is no hesitation or stumble off the bottom end on our sleds.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
The sleds sound great!!!! Thank You for posting and if you have more would love to see them or come over and ride with you guys :face-icon-small-ton Were the videos taken in Utah?

A
Dec 19, 2011
WOW, im scared to ask what this kits will cost. The fueling (by the sound of it) is incredible. Well done I think the cut out you hear or think you hear is the MIC on the camera cutting out, it only happens when the camera gets to much DB. the Straight pipe at full revs is enough to knock out the microphone.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah

No bog on these sleds! Camera phone might make it sound like it, but in person,on the sled, no bog!

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
WOW, im scared to ask what this kits will cost. The fueling (by the sound of it) is incredible. Well done I think the cut out you hear or think you hear is the MIC on the camera cutting out, it only happens when the camera gets to much DB. the Straight pipe at full revs is enough to knock out the microphone.

It does sound like the mic cutting out to me too!

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Not a Impulse turbo but I do have a Turbo Performance Etec kit in Harvey if you ever want to check it out.....

G
Apr 23, 2008
would be nice to do a e torch turbo shootout eh ? get one of each system out in colorado and have at it for a weekend of side by side riding..

no rules just fun !!!!:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features