• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pulling cords

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
2013 800 155. I put 350 miles on original 115 belt, looks great. I put on a xs809 to break it in as a spare, got 3rides on it, the first being a pretty easy break in ride, and at the end of the third ride it has pulled cords on both sides of the belt. My question is what would cause this? Sheave clearance? I set it at 25-27 thous, was this not enough? I can check my alignment, but it has been right on previously. Motor mounts? Sled has about 500 miles.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
2013 800 155. I put 350 miles on original 115 belt, looks great. I put on a xs809 to break it in as a spare, got 3rides on it, the first being a pretty easy break in ride, and at the end of the third ride it has pulled cords on both sides of the belt. My question is what would cause this? Sheave clearance? I set it at 25-27 thous, was this not enough? I can check my alignment, but it has been right on previously. Motor mounts? Sled has about 500 miles.

The XS809 just isn't a belt that will last. You can buy the 115 on the net for around $160, or take my advise and buy the 122 belt for around $90 on the net. I can get around 800 miles from the 115, and around 650 on the 122.

115 = 20 cents per mile
122 = 13.8 cents per mile
Aftermarket belts = useless

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
xs809

A friend of mine runs a carls 900 for two years on nothing but 809s. He has had relaay good luck with them and he is not easy on stuff. I honestly dont think because its aftermerket that its junk but i guess we will see. Thinking about goin to a cat belt next, is it the 048?

D
Oct 17, 2011
I have had great luck with the 115 belt. 1100 mountain miles and still looks good. Not much belt dust under the hood. Polaris has a good clutch setup with the 115.

More money, but worth it to me not blowing belts and fussing around with stuff.

My Doo TRA experience was about 600 miles per belt, same type riding. Lots of fussing with the clutches.

D

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A friend of mine runs a carls 900 for two years on nothing but 809s. He has had relaay good luck with them and he is not easy on stuff. I honestly dont think because its aftermerket that its junk but i guess we will see. Thinking about goin to a cat belt next, is it the 048?

I bet he runs Carls clutching too. 2 of us have stock 13's with the Poo belts and pulled cords a few times while the 3rd guy with Carls clutching had a cheap Carlisle and his belt looked new. Also try removing a shim from behind the secondary to see if floating more helps the situation. Seems to have helped me but too early to tell. I tried the Carlisle and blew it up so bad it wreckerd the aluminum belt/foot guard.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
bdoe22~

I have a 2012 that pulls cords out of belts like nobody's business. This sled has been to the dealer several times to try and figure out a solution...haven't found one yet.

I have torn cords out of Polaris and AC belts...doesn't matter what belt I put on...it pulls the cords out within 200 miles.

I truly beleive riding style plays into belt wear ALOT. I ride the tight trees, stop and go stop and go stop and go, all day long. When I rest I let the clutches cool with the side panel off, but the clutches are so hot you cannot even touch them. In fact, the belts are just as hot...cannot even grab it.

I am running pretty much stock clutching in this 2012 except a little different helix in the secondary...

So, you are NOT alone in your cord eating my friend, I'm right there with ya:face-icon-small-fro

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Correct, he has everything carls. Ok, so is the cutting of the sheaves with carls kit better match the 809 profile? Hmmm

Yes to the point that after that ride, I have a primary going down there right now to get the machining and will get his helix and spring too. I will run Dalton adjustable weights though so I can fine tune.

Also you have to make sure your motor mounts are good. Buddy already had his changed on his 2013 at 1500 miles.

Premium Features