• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim powerxross pullover ?

S
Nov 29, 2010
I'm in need of a new coat but can't make up my mind. I ride 50/50 on off trail in Michigan and constantly find myself getting drenched with sweat.
I know the powerxross is not insulated and only a shell. I'm wondering if not better off layering clothes and wearing something like the powerxross.
It never fails in my heavy coat, the first time we dip off trail the sweat starts rolling.

So what's your guys experiences with the coat?

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Love mine. As said above layer heavy in the morning, remove as day goes on and put in pack. Vise versa if temperature is reverse.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Layering is key to comfort out there, hands down!

I currently have a Klim Valdez Parka and I just picked up a Klim Power Cross Pullover.

Just keep in mind when layering, you generally have three layers. A base layer, the mid layer and then your outer shell. It really comes down to balance and what works for you, because what works for you will not work for the next guy. So you may have to play with different layers to dial in what works the best.

If you run a tekvest that comes into play as it holds much more heat.

Finally, the thing to remember is AVOID cotton with your layering, cotton kills!!!

Premium Features