• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Product Announcement: HM TURBOS turbo kits w/ ViPec ECU for 2011-13

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Will the demo sleds be pre-tuned prior to coming to Revelstoke, similar to how a customer would receive an ECU? What I'm getting at, will the sleds be tuned in Revelstoke at altitude prior to the demo's or will the demo's show up to Revelstoke already tuned? IMO, a very valid question. A potential customer may be deterred if they saw a computer on the hill.

Bring your snorkle, usually the snow is deeeeep in December. :face-icon-small-coo

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Will the demo sleds be pre-tuned prior to coming to Revelstoke, similar to how a customer would receive an ECU? What I'm getting at, will the sleds be tuned in Revelstoke at altitude prior to the demo's or will the demo's show up to Revelstoke already tuned? IMO, a very valid question. A potential customer may be deterred if they saw a computer on the hill.

Bring your snorkle, usually the snow is deeeeep in December. :face-icon-small-coo
I agree somewhat, but from what I'm hearing from the vi-pec guys is that they have the maps done, boost is boost so and it's fully altitude compensating. Also with the ability to adjust boost up and down with changes in elevation to keep power output the same, in theory, there shouldn't even need to be any clutch changes.

I think it would probably bennifit to have the sleds their earlier to do minor tuning, but if the sleds showed up the same time as the demo riders and ran right and spot on without any fine tuning it would speak loads to potential customers.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I agree somewhat, but from what I'm hearing from the vi-pec guys is that they have the maps done, boost is boost so and it's fully altitude compensating. Also with the ability to adjust boost up and down with changes in elevation to keep power output the same, in theory, there shouldn't even need to be any clutch changes.

I think it would probably bennifit to have the sleds their earlier to do minor tuning, but if the sleds showed up the same time as the demo riders and ran right and spot on without any fine tuning it would speak loads to potential customers.

That is what they should do, because that is the way they are advertising there kit. That it is turn key anywhere and adjusts for various conditions itself. There should be no need for tuning if this standalone is what they are hyping it to be.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta

TThis should be true for any kit builder that shows up ,just not the ones running a standalone that takes a laptop to make changes.
No adjustment , no laptops , no turning of knobs of any kind.
The system should do all necessary adjustments automatically for any change in riding conditions . I want a system that i do not have to touch in any way.

That is what they should do, because that is the way they are advertising there kit. That it is turn key anywhere and adjusts for various conditions itself. There should be no need for tuning if this standalone is what they are hyping it to be.

I Agree ,

Last edited:

Dirt2oil

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2010
Very intrested to know the confirmed dates for revy.!! There should be quite a few different kits there and be a all round good time. Really hoping to see the vipec run as good as it should. I won't be shy to throw my Tpro up against one for ****s n giggles.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

That is the idea of the standalone. I think that's how it should work.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
With the ViPec standalone ECU, these turbo systems are totally self-compensating.

Get the reliability of a stocker, and the performance of a turbo.
  • You don't need any gauges!!! It has so many sensors that it controls all parameters internally. If you really feel like you need gauges, you CAN purchase them.
  • NO MORE RECLUTCHING when you ride at different elevations. Ride at sea level and then ride at Cooke City...no reclutching.
  • SAME HP levels are produced at all elevations so that you don't have to adjust to anything. Other systems produce the same boost and you have to either change your bost manually or reclutch, refuel (change octane), etc to adjust to the elevation changes that you produce for that boost.
  • Remote support via internet. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TUNE. When you get your system, all the parameters will be set and you don't have to do a thing. Fill up, pull the rope and ride. No buttons to push, no guages to watch, no adjustments are needed. If you ever had a tuning issue, call the shop and Justin will have you hook the Vipec to your computer...and he can take a look at the parameters remotely.
That's pretty neat!

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
That one I can't answer. I'm afraid I'll have to defer you to HM turbos for that technical bit of information.
I'm assuming you come west from Wisconsin to find that 10k+ elevation to ride. :)

Hey, you got something against us flatlander cheeseheads?:face-icon-small-con

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hey, you got something against us flatlander cheeseheads?:face-icon-small-con

What an i missing here? TheBreeze asked about riding at 10,000 feet. I'm going too assume you don't have those in Wisconsin.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Yes, we come west to get to 10,000 feet. We were lucky enough to hit Turbo Days this spring. Great time, and trying all the different setups was great!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you are coming, let me know. I'm going to try and be there also.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I've been waiting for a kit like this. Theres no reason why a turbo system couldn't be self compensaiting with an efi fuel system, just like in a car or truck... :face-icon-small-coo Glad to see its here! The kit looks really clean and it sounds like its well tested and calibrated. I'd love to get one to ride anywhere (WI, MI, MN, WY)... now how do I save up $7500!?!?!

Awesome looking kit HM :yo:

I'd be new to the whole turbo scene, but what are the pros/cons of an Aerocharger turbo vs Garrett TiAL? I dont want this to turn into a bashfest, just asking a simple question, looking for facts... thanks!

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Couple times a year HM turbos allows customer prospects to test the turbo sleds they build just to give you an idea how well they work. There will be three of them this year. One in Cooke city,Revy and Lolo Pass Come by and say Hi!

So , are they having these turbo days in Revelstoke , would love to see there kit and other on the hill are one time !

Anyone know more about these HM turbo days Revey , date , i e-mail HM from there contact page from there website but got no reply?:face-icon-small-sho

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
They are on the way to edmonton snow show, Shane will be back in a couple days. The Revy date will be dependent on snow conditions.

OK , i e-mailed them a couple weeks ago , it was suggested that they may be on Dec 8 or the 15 , would be nice to get a date so some other kit builder can plan for it

Premium Features