• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Install Tips

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
which tool do you need from the autoparts store? I want to pick one up so I'll be ready when my kit arrives.

Thanks, this thread will help a lot in the install.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
which tool do you need from the autoparts store? I want to pick one up so I'll be ready when my kit arrives.

Thanks, this thread will help a lot in the install.

3/8" and 5/8" fuel line release tool.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Arghhhhhhh....2 good rides already.....come on Turbo, please get here soon...lmao

Bill, can I assume that you, AND ONLY YOU, are doing the install in your shop?

With that...I can expect that it will be done correctly!!!

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Bill, can I assume that you, AND ONLY YOU, are doing the install in your shop?

With that...I can expect that it will be done correctly!!!

Never done one , but I did stay at a holiday inn express....lol...hope its not harder to put togeather than a cup motor...lol ;)

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
For guys with brand new sleds going turbo out of the box, youd be best to get 3 hrs on it and get passed the break in on the ECU, else youll be hitting DET all day.

Im not an expert on this... but talking with bryan(liv4turbo), he said he had his new 12 out wit 0 miles and the sled would DET, but once past the 3hr break in period it was good.

Maybe if he reads this he can chime in better than i can.

Liv4turbo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2011
Milton-Freewater OR
Turbo Time

The 3hr brake in is a must in my opinion i road my sled yesterday that everyone saw at the snow show and hit the det light a few times i was able to tune it out most of the way with the box but not all the way just better to get that 3hr on the sled so Justin and i don't get a bunch of phone calls we can help the sled not det but not all the way if you have any further questions pm or call me i will be away from the computer for a few days thanks

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Are the fuel line release tools just a plastic disc like thing? That's what the guy at napa sold me, not sure about it?

Yup, with a little cut in it so it can be opened and placed around the fuel line.. to push in and release the clips holding the line in

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Right they look like a bottle cap with a small end and a cut lengthwise to slide over the hard fuel pipe, then push the fuel lind on as far as it will go then slide the tool small end forward into the fuel line and push both the tool and the fuel line off the pipe. The tool will only push so far then just continue to pull the fuel line until it comes off the pipe. It may take a couple times to get the line off.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
PICS!!!!!

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Hey!!!!!! Is that mine????:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-ton

I know, I know. Wait my turn. Mark should be getting that pile of mine over there soon.

Sam

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
You can build boost on track stand if you really rev it. Theres not enough load on the engine to get enough exhaust gas velocity to build boost.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009

Put some loctite on the muffler mount bolts.
Im now missing two nuts :face-icon-small-sho

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
CAREFUL ON HOW TIGHT YOU DO THE AIRBOX TO THROTTLE BODY BOOT BOLTS:frusty:

I didnt even do mine that tight and first ride it went.

The bolts are not "to hold it together" once the TB's are seated in the boot there in there friggen good and once the airbox iss on the TB its on there solid.

Also i had one of the allen bolts back out on me, so maybe a dab of blue loctite on them wouldnt be a bad idea.

Attachments

• bolt.bmp
    44.5 KB · Views: 122
Premium Features