• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary Clutch Balance By Indy Dan

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
I am so pleased with the job Indy Dan did that I wanted to post some pictures and talk about my experience. I sent my clutch in to him a couple of weeks ago for his famous balancing job. There are threads in the forum that go into great detail about what Dan does and why it costs what it does so I won’t go into it again. I can just say that if you ask any of my family and friends who the “cheapest” or “tightest” person they know is and they’ll always say it’s me!! That being said I feel like I got wayyyy more than I paid for with Dan’s balance job! I sent in new weights and a new spring (notice the spring is green…that’s because Team’s green spring is exactly the same as Polaris’ almond spring. Polaris just tries to confuse everyone by using a different color so you’ll just buy their spring which is actually made by team). I would have characterized my clutch as one of the clutches that are barely worth balancing because of all the wear. But Dan did it anyway and charged me the standard $125 labor fee. And although I pestered the pour guy unmercifully with every slightest detail and question he always answered my questions and was very polite. I mention these things because, at least where I live, you don’t see this type of customer service anymore. Anyway, the cherry on top of all this was the Indy Specialties beer cozy he put in the box with the clutch!! How did he know I like beer and prefer it cold?? He’s magic I guess!!
Thanks Dan!!
A customer for life,
John :face-icon-small-hap

Clutch 001.jpg Clutch 002.jpg Clutch 003.jpg Clutch 004.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Was going to send mine in but I think he already Balanced the one on my new TM3 engine so don't need to anymore. :face-icon-small-win

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
Was going to send mine in but I think he already Balanced the one on my new TM3 engine so don't need to anymore. :face-icon-small-win

Wish I had enough $$ to buy a TM3!!

You wanna adopt anybody Z? :face-icon-small-win

John

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Wish I had enough $$ to buy a TM3!!

You wanna adopt anybody Z? :face-icon-small-win

John

LOL, need somebody to adopt me. preferably a girl with a great body and a house.

hdkawi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2011
just bought a fixer upper is there a way to tell if the clutch is balanced or not

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
just bought a fixer upper is there a way to tell if the clutch is balanced or not

If it is stock than it is not balanced good enough. Best bet is to take it off and send it to Dan even if it was balanced before. He completely goes through them and makes them better than new.

dingalingman1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 23, 2010
Western Nebraska
Had my clutch balanced and the secondary, well let me say that I caused a big issue opening up the sheave. Dan had a secondary he had used on his 900 and sold it to me and set it up to my needs. Dan is a very professional person and does a great job with the clutches. And needless to say the man is a wealth of knowledge, He doesn't charge near enough for what he does! Thanks for everything!!

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
hm, kickin around the idea of one of them $125 beer coozys. You say send him your primary w/ weights and spring and cash, and he returns the clutch with a beer coozy? :face-icon-small-coo is it just a flat rate or if I send him my new primary off my '12 is it cheaper?

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
clutch

hm, kickin around the idea of one of them $125 beer coozys. You say send him your primary w/ weights and spring and cash, and he returns the clutch with a beer coozy? :face-icon-small-coo is it just a flat rate or if I send him my new primary off my '12 is it cheaper?

I beleive the price is the same for new or otherwise...yea flat rate. There is a thread that describeds what he does and why it costs what it does within the first two pages of the 9 forum. In fact I will bump it after writng this response. I encourage you to read it. Dan's is the first post and it will tell you everything about what he does. In the thread you will also see many of Dan's customers that couldn't beleive how smooth the sled was after they had the clutch balanced by him. I know some here on the forum have been to the Polaris factory and whitnessed the balance job (or lack there of) on the production line and gave it very low marks. It's more about throughput than quality I have heard.

John

Premium Features