• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SILBER PRO KITS

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Hello Fellow Snowesters, We are very sorry for the delay of details for our 2012 kit. We have just finished our new assembly shop and have been overwhelmed with calls and orders. The office computer took a dump and lost all of our information and details on the kit. I just briefly put together a list of improvements and kit details.

Shipping is on schedule and will start end of Oct.

We will post another thread when kits are boxed and ready to ship.

We put alot of time into the 2012 kit, are goal was to design a kit that is maitenance free and very user friendly. Along with being a bolt on kit for ease of installation.

Our team is busy at work producing parts daily. Your patience is much appreciated.

If you want to call and talk give me a ring, I will gladly answer any questions you may have. I will have pictures up next week, parts will be arriving from our coaters.

Thanks for your support.
Justin

Information added by Silber 9-17-2011 from the "FYI" thread

Silber: Here is some final information on the 2012 kit. I will have pictures up next week, waiting on parts to come back from coating. Thanks for your patience.

Please give me a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Justin 320 282 6812

2012 SILBER PRO RMK TURBO KIT

The wait is over, Here are the final details on the 2012 PRO RMK turbo kits. After a very successful 2011 turbo build, we have changed the 2012 kit to better suit the snowmobile environment and customers needs.

• New Water cooled Hybrid Turbocharger
  • Closed loop assist fuel controller option
  • 14” stainless Muffler
  • Billet throttle body boot with integrated secondary Fuel Injectors.
  • New billet BOV
  • Ceramic Coated/ polished Turbocharger Housing
  • Polished Air box
  • Stainless exhaust Piping
  • New Adjustable clutch weight
  • New Custom angle helix
  • Billet turbo to pipe adapter
  • New Stock hood plenum intake
  • All parts Preassembled
  • All wiring plug and play
  • Includes all gauges and clutching

Please contact Silber Turbos with any questions or concerns regarding our 2012 Turbo kit.

Last edited:
T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
Any chance you could give us a quick update on what's new for the 2012 kits then the 11s? Save a bunch of long distance calling.:face-icon-small-ton

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Does closed loop mean the program runs according to the map the ECU has and doesn't self adjust or does it mean that the program is constantly adjusting itself based on the feedback that key sensors provide. Like EGT, air/ fuel, altitude, etc? Pros/cons to both.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Any chance you could give us a quick update on what's new for the 2012 kits then the 11s? Save a bunch of long distance calling.:face-icon-small-ton

He posted this in the other thread:

Sorry for the wait, we have been working out some delivery details with our suppliers, and had one of our CNC machines drive motor fail. Kits are on schedule for delivery starting middle of Oct.

Here is some final information on the 2012 kit. I will have pictures up next week, waiting on parts to come back from coating. Thanks for your patience.

Please give me a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Justin 320 282 6812

2012 SILBER PRO RMK TURBO KIT

The wait is over, Here are the final details on the 2012 PRO RMK turbo kits. After a very successful 2011 turbo build, we have changed the 2012 kit to better suit the snowmobile environment and customers needs.

New Water cooled Hybrid Turbocharger
Closed loop assist fuel controller
14” stainless Muffler
Billet throttle body boot with integrated secondary Fuel Injectors.
New billet BOV
Ceramic Coated/ polished Turbocharger Housing
Polished Air box
Stainless exhaust Piping
New Adjustable clutch weight
New Custom angle helix
Billet turbo to pipe adapter
New Stock hood plenum intake
All parts Preassembled
All wiring plug and play
Includes all gauges and clutching

Please contact Silber Turbos with any questions or concerns regarding our 2012 Turbo kit.

Last edited:
H
Dec 4, 2007
NW
I'm seriously considering a Silber kit for a Pro RMK and I have some questions about the kits. I don't have any dealers or shops in my area who know anything about turbos so this forum is very helpful to me.

Anyhow, for me $4-5K is a lot and I want to make sure I'm doing my research before I put any money down. A lot of people say in other threads to buy it on faith in past performance and that is a big part of it for me but this new kit seems to have a lot of changes.

Does your 2012 kit only fit 2012 models, as I am looking to either get a used 2011, a used 2011 with a turbo kit, or a new 2012.

I read on another thread about the comp turbo, is this the turbo that you will be using in your kits? If so, how much riding time do have with this. Were you testing it last winter? Do other Silber customers or test riders also have this Comp turbo in their own sleds?

If I wanted to go with the std Garrett that you have used in your past kits, is this still an option, or will I need to stick with this all new turbo?

Your customer base seems to be very loyal on SW Forums and your feedback has been very positive, which is why I'm considering this kit.

Can you explain more about the Dobeck closed loop system.
Is this an auto tune style system that will learn what you need, self program and then you can take it out, like a Power Commander. Why are the other Dobeck equipped companies not offering this option. Is this something that you have an exclusive on? I remember hearing about this about a year or two ago but never saw much happen.

I'm also considering buying a 2011 PRO that already has your system installed. Can this be upgraded?

Your kits have the best price of all kits out there and that is a BIG draw for me plus there seems to be good feedback on the forum about them.

Thanks in advance.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
I'm seriously considering a Silber kit for a Pro RMK and I have some questions about the kits. I don't have any dealers or shops in my area who know anything about turbos so this forum is very helpful to me.

Anyhow, for me $4-5K is a lot and I want to make sure I'm doing my research before I put any money down. A lot of people say in other threads to buy it on faith in past performance and that is a big part of it for me but this new kit seems to have a lot of changes.

Does your 2012 kit only fit 2012 models, as I am looking to either get a used 2011, a used 2011 with a turbo kit, or a new 2012.

I read on another thread about the comp turbo, is this the turbo that you will be using in your kits? If so, how much riding time do have with this. Were you testing it last winter? Do other Silber customers or test riders also have this Comp turbo in their own sleds?

If I wanted to go with the std Garrett that you have used in your past kits, is this still an option, or will I need to stick with this all new turbo?

Your customer base seems to be very loyal on SW Forums and your feedback has been very positive, which is why I'm considering this kit.

Can you explain more about the Dobeck closed loop system.
Is this an auto tune style system that will learn what you need, self program and then you can take it out, like a Power Commander. Why are the other Dobeck equipped companies not offering this option. Is this something that you have an exclusive on? I remember hearing about this about a year or two ago but never saw much happen.

I'm also considering buying a 2011 PRO that already has your system installed. Can this be upgraded?

Your kits have the best price of all kits out there and that is a BIG draw for me plus there seems to be good feedback on the forum about them.

Thanks in advance.

Thats one thing in my mind is i assume guys with 11's are buying these new 12 kits.

The 12's and 11's are most likely gonna have slightly different mapping, so as we recieve are kits we will have to make sure we have the appopriate box and mapping for you model year. ie. you dont want 12 mapping on your 11 sled.

Im sure Justin is on top of this and will make sure we get the correct ones.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Quote:"Thats one thing in my mind is i assume guys with 11's are buying these new 12 kits.

The 12's and 11's are most likely gonna have slightly different mapping, so as we recieve are kits we will have to make sure we have the appopriate box and mapping for you model year. ie. you dont want 12 mapping on your 11 sled.

Im sure Justin is on top of this and will make sure we get the correct ones."

I am one of those that own a 2011 Pro and am getting the 2012 kit from Justin. Are the controllers different for the model year change? Or is a closed loop system good to go on either?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Quote:"Thats one thing in my mind is i assume guys with 11's are buying these new 12 kits.

Im sure Justin is on top of this and will make sure we get the correct ones."

I am one of those that own a 2011 Pro and am getting the 2012 kit from Justin. Are the controllers different for the model year change? Or is a closed loop system good to go on either?

the way i understand it...The kit will fit as it is the same chassis, justin had all these components on an 11 pro all last season so he must already have the mapping done for the 11. He said he just needs some time one the 12's to get the mapping dialed in.

So youd just want to confirm which box shows up at your door, and make sure your mapping is for your model year.

Maybe Justin can confirm this if he reads it

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
As i understand it, the stock ECU mapping is different on the 12's as opposed to the 11's due to the new injectors in the 12's, so that is more than likely why he will need some time on the 12's to be sure the mapping (on his fuel controller) works correctly with the stock mapping. Just an educated guess :)

Cant wait to hear feedback from fellow SWers on how these kits work. I just may have to buy one if they work as i expect they will.

Cheers!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
What do I need to switch the 11 fuel controller to the new Dobeck closed loop controller? Sounds very nice to have less adjustments.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Justin could you give us a quick explanation of the closed loop system and how it works? Also, does the turbo use a separate system for water cooling or is it just plumbed into the stock water cooling? I understand these sleds have had some cooling issues stock is there anything else we should do like venting, solid snow flap etc?

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
questions

also will if work good on pump gas or do you have to add a little race gas at all, Also had a guy ask if the new diamond s hood will work with this turbo kit??

Thanks for all the help!

SSABMUD

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2010
Red Deer, Alberta
I believe the fuel box will recieve readings from the O2 sensor and maintain the correct fuel mixture on the fly. Not new technology but it will be very nice.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
I'm going to guess that the new kits will be using the Dobeck Performance Gen 4 boxes now.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/GEN4/Gen4technology.asp

OVERVIEW:
The AFR Plus or GEN 4 by Dobeck Performance brings together two technologies within one system to make it the most powerful, user-friendly tuning device on the market. AFR Plus combines an EFI controller with a wideband O2 sensor and AFR gauge to provide a user instant fuel trimming ability and feedback about their vehicle’s tuning operation.

GEN 4 is the short term used to describe the Generation 4 Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) controller and Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) Gauge Kit manufactured by Dobeck Performance. The GEN 4 was released in August of 2011. The GEN 4 is a piggy-back EFI controller because it does not replace the stock ECU, but rather monitors the signals to the injectors and makes fuel adjustments based on the mode settings. The GEN 4 has a push button interface on the gauge allowing access up to 6 different modes to allow for quick fine tuning by the end user without needing a computer.

KEY FEATURES:
  • AFR PLUS / GEN 4 FEATURES
  • FULLY COMPPATIBLE WITH ALL AFTERMARKET EFI CONTROLLERS INCLUDING REPLACEMENT ECUs.
  • HAS CAPABILITY OF BEING YOUR ONLY FUEL MAPPING SOLUTION AS WELL
  • IDEAL FOR MAXIMIZING FUEL ECONOMY FOR TRIKES, SIDECARS, PULLING TRAILERS, OR FIGHTING A HEAD WIND
  • AFR GAUGE FEATURES
  • AFR GAUGE READING FROM 10 TO 16 TO PROVIDE INSTANT AFR FEEDBACK READINGS
  • STANDARD 2-1/16" ROUND GAUGE
  • WATER RESISTANT
  • PUSH BUTTON INTERFACE TO ALLOW QUICK FINE TUNING AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
  • EASY TO SEE LED LIGHTS TO INDICATE OPERATING ZONE ON THE GAUGE
  • USES BOSCH WIDEBAND O2 SENSOR WITH BOSCH CHIP POWERED WIDEBAND CONTROLLER
  • SELF-ADJUSTING BACK LIGHTING DISPLAY FOR NIGHT VIEWING
  • EFI CONTROLLER FEATURES
  • USES LOAD BASED TECHNOLOGY WHICH ALLOWS FOR TUNING IN EVERY GEAR
  • 3 MAIN ZONES OF OPERATION TO TARGET DESIRED AFR
  • ABILITY TO ADD OR PULL FUEL WITHOUT ALTERING THE STOCK FUEL MAP
  • CLOSED LOOP OPERATION OFF OF WIDEBAND O2 SENSOR INPUT
  • PLUG N PLAY INSTALLATION - NO WIRE SPLICING
  • NARROWBAND GENERATION FOR STOCK O2 SIGNAL
  • COMPUTER REPROGRAMMABEL BY IRDA TECHNOLOGY IF NEEDED
The AFR PLUS pays for itself! SAVING YOU $$$
The information our gauge displays is all you need to get the most out of your existing fuel controller or mapping software. With a retail cost of $300 it has saved some of our customers that much money in ONLY 3500 miles.

GENERAL TERMINOLOGY EXPLANATIONS:
Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) - The most common reference term used for mixtures in internal combustion engines. It is the ratio between the mass of air and the mass of fuel in the fuel-air mix at any given moment.

Oxygen (O2) sensor - Is an electronic device that measures the proportion of oxygen (O2) in the exhaust gas.

Wideband vs Narrowband sensors - A narrowband O2 sensor is only calibrated to know whether the current AFR is rich, lean, or stoic. A wideband O2 sensor is much more sophisticated and can supply the exact AFR measurement across a wide range of possible AFR values.

Load - Is the measurement of how hard an engine is working. Coasting downhill is considered very low load. Driving uphill is considered high load.

Open loop vs Closed loop - Different operations both the stock ECU and the GEN 4 can function under independently. Open loop means NO fuel trimming is occurring based on the O2 sensor signal. Closed loop is using the O2 sensor input signal to react rapidly to the changing conditions and make fuel trims to match the desired air/fuel mixture.

GENERAL LAYOUT EXPLANATIONS:
GEN4_Kit_final.jpg

AFR GAUGE - Installed on the vehicle to allow easy viewing by user during operation. Displays current AFR value based on the O2 sensor input.

WIDEBAND CONTROLLER - Contains harness connections to external parts and hardware to interpret input signals and generate output signals.

WIDEBAND BOSCH O2 SENSOR - Installed in the exhaust pipe in order to make AFR readings. Replaces factory narrowband sensor in some apps.

WidebandController_final.jpg

1). Stock O2 Connector(s) - Plugs into the stock O2 connection going back to the ECU. Connector varies based on application and may NOT be present.
2). AFR Gauge Connector - Single long gray wire which plugs into the AFR Gauge for easy installation.
3). Bosch O2 Connector - Plugs into the installed wideband Bosch O2 Sensor in the exhaust pipe.
4). Stock Fuel Injector Connector(s) - Plugs into the factory injector connector and onto the injector to create loop around to adjust the fueling. Connector varies based on application. One male & female pair for each cylinder.
5). Ground Wire - Attach to proper grounding location.

Background label - Contains AFR values ranging from 10:1 to 16:1. These are used to determine your current operating AFR and also your mode settings. May be a black or white label.

Needle - Used to determine your current operating AFR and also your mode settings by moving throughout the range of the gauge. May be an orange or white needle.

Minus ( - ), Mode, Plus ( + ) Buttons - Buttons are used to make on-the-fly adjustments to the different modes enabled on the unit.

4 LEDs (Green, Yellow, Red, Blue) - Used to determine active zone during vehicle operation. Also used to determine current adjustment mode when making tuning adjustments.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
When i spoke to Justin he said it was the dobeck 3.5 box with his own developed software for it.

That dobeck 4.0 box was just released in august 11 it said, Justin was running the "new" box all season, so dont think its the 4.0.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
When i spoke to Justin he said it was the dobeck 3.5 box with his own developed software for it.

That dobeck 4.0 box was just released in august 11 it said, Justin was running the "new" box all season, so dont think its the 4.0.

That may be true and I am probably way off my rocker. With that being said, I'm sure Justin and his customers will have a very successful year.

I was just looking at the 3.5 specs, looks like you can integrate an AFR with that box. So they are moving in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

HISTORY:
The GEN 3.5 EFI controller is an extension to the GEN3 controller. The GEN 3.5 controller is a customizable solution for power sport riders who need to adjust their fuel. The GEN 3.5 controller has the ability to add or pull fuel within each available fueling zone.

GEN 3.5 is the short term used to describe the Generation 3.5 Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) controller manufactured by Dobeck Performance. The GEN 3.5 was released in 2009 under a private label program. The GEN 3.5 is a piggy-back EFI controller because it does not replace the stock ECU, but rather monitors the signals to the injectors and makes fuel adjustments based on the mode settings. The GEN 3.5 has a push button interface allowing access up to 6 different modes to allow for quick fine tuning by the end user without needing a computer.

KEY FEATURES:
  • USES LOAD BASED TECHNOLOGY WHICH ALLOWS FOR TUNING IN EVERY GEAR
  • ABILITY TO ADD OR PULL FUEL WITHOUT ALTERING THE STOCK FUEL MAP
  • EASY TO SEE LED LIGHTS TO INDICATE OPERATING ZONE
  • PUSH BUTTON INTERFACE TO ALLOW QUICK FINE TUNING
  • EASY INSTALLATION
  • NITROUS FUEL CONTROL
  • BOOST SENSING FUEL CONTROL
  • TWO SENSOR MANIPULATION CONTROLS
  • CAPABLE OF RUNNING IN CLOSED LOOP MODE OFF A 3RD PARTY WIDE-BAND O2 SENSOR

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, the new gen 4 boxes are set so there are no buttons on the actual box, the buttons along with the led's are built into the afr gauge, so you just stash the box under the hood and make changes on your gauge. makes more usefull info closer to gether as now you can see the modes your in while your watching your afr.

the boys at dobeck have been busy working on some cool stuff. hope to see it all coming together in the sled world soon.

Premium Features