• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP 03 sks 700

I have a 2003 sks 700 slp can, boost bottle, air horn, and flow rites. The sled is real sluggish off the line almost like the choke is on and when it hits about thirty mph it comes out of it and runs awesome. Carbs have been cleaned, clutches have been cleaned and aligned. The sled is jetted according to slp. running the second clip on the needles. Have played with the fuel adjustment screw but does not seem to make a difference. Was wondering if I could need a new clutch spring or bigger idle jet. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't seem to matter what elevation I'm at it runs like this out west and here in MN. The sled has always kinda had a hesitation on the low end but now its just terrible. The thing is the sled doesn't take off terribly slow it just sounds sick until about 30 mph, almost like the choke is on. I have a new belt on now, sled has 2200 miles on it.

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
What elevation? Do you have an slp pipe or just the can? What jets do you have in it? Did this run good and then started to act like this, or did you just buy it and it has always run like this? Have you tried a new belt? Sorry for all the questions, but the more info you give us, the better the answers we can give to you.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Never had good luck with the boost bottle. With that new of sled and that style of cards the boost bottle does nothing but make a head ache. They worked on the older sleds fairly well (pre 2000).

Just my two penny's

Premium Features