• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

24 for mother nature now, avy in golden

J
Dec 30, 2007
just heard on the news 50 year old got swept in an avy in Golden. Not many details, in a large group.

RIP to the guy, and hope is family copes.

On a side note, this is getting crazy, I'm not pointing fingers in this one or anyone for that matter, but we need to be smarter when we're out there especially when the avalanche forecasters are saying this is the worst year for snowpack conditions.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
rip.:brokenheart:
thats 48 for the year. alot of broken families

Last edited:
P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone have details?

Last saturday we saw a HUGE group of "Full Facer's" out where they shouldnt have been.

T

turbo nytro

Dec 14, 2008
Alberta
Thinking of making this a short year :(, no matter were we go or ride high or low they still get us ... To bad guys don't realize that, cut the year short & stay alive .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tapex,alpine front mount, cr rear ,billet m-10,162x16x2.5 xtreme, je rods, pistons, nos , meth, way to much more
tnytro,mcx mid mount,cr rear, 162x16x2.5 xtreme, reflashed box,

C
Jan 8, 2005
Calgary
Another family & friends left to grieve. Thoughts & prayers for those lost & left behind.
Too many lost this year.
My brother is out this weekend also, hope he plays safe!

D
Nov 11, 2008
Thinking of making this a short year :(, no matter were we go or ride high or low they still get us ... To bad guys don't realize that, cut the year short & stay alive .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tapex,alpine front mount, cr rear ,billet m-10,162x16x2.5 xtreme, je rods, pistons, nos , meth, way to much more

Can't say it better than that, next year.

Last edited:
K
Dec 2, 2007
A good friend lost to avy today

It is with tear filled eyes i write this note, it is all to common to see treads about good buddies lost to avys. Today in Golden BC I too lost a good friend. It's easy to write words on here, but what do you say to his friends and family that don't sled and don't understand why we do what we do. It's one of the few times in my life I don't know what to say to comfort any of them. He will be greatly missed by many.

Hey Daryl miss you man

G

Grizzly Adams

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 2, 2009

X3
RIP
Condolences to the family & friends.
Thoughts with the too busy SAR Folks as well.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
I am very sorry to hear this news. Our prayers go out for the family and friends.

As for not knowing what to say. If you know the family well then just being there means a lot, even if you do not say a word.

They will say something that will help you know what to say when the time is right for words.

K
I don't usually reply to these, but I guess it's time.

RIP :rose:

Kenny: Just be there for the family and share stories of how much your friend loved what he was doing.

If you're just starting to chime in on the whole condolences issue, be prepared to be busy. Even though the season is winding down, there will be more. I'm just over 400 entries and at least 50 of those are sentiments to friends and families of this year's victims.
What a terrible year! What are they doing wrong? We need to understand and learn from these mishaps so they didn't lose their lives for no reason.

Prayers and sentiments to family and friends of the victim.:rose:

Premium Features