• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha one

E
Aug 28, 2017
So what's everyone hearing on snowcheck numbers for the alpha one?

Went in and looked at one the other day, pretty easy to tip up onits side, also pretty impressive how long the track stays in full contact with the ground.

20180404_143815.jpg 20180404_143801.jpg 20180404_142911.jpg 20180404_142905.jpg 20180404_142859.jpg

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Back wheels are so much bigger in person - pictures just don’t show it. Next winter won’t get here fast enough.......

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Back wheels are so much bigger in person - pictures just don’t show it. Next winter won’t get here fast enough.......

Think they would fit on the regular skid? I'm guessing there's not enough adjustment anyways.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Think they would fit on the regular skid? I'm guessing there's not enough adjustment anyways.
There are kits for 10in wheels on the market now, have been for a decade or better.
U need an offset axle to raise the wheels so they are not below the hyfax.

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
Dave was doing $13,770 out the door (doesn't include taxes)- I guess if you are asking if guys are getting less than that it seems like this is the range everyone was in on the other thread. That price with a 4 year warranty was plenty fair to me. Dave's shop has treated me super fair and I didn't feel the need to bust his balls over a few hundred bucks. Myself plus 5 friends all put money down in the last 3 days on Apha's. I have a 2018 Mountain Cat that I am keeping and the rest of them are coming off of Ski-doos and Pros/Axys.

E
Aug 28, 2017
Dave was doing $13,770 out the door (doesn't include taxes)- I guess if you are asking if guys are getting less than that it seems like this is the range everyone was in on the other thread. That price with a 4 year warranty was plenty fair to me. Dave's shop has treated me super fair and I didn't feel the need to bust his balls over a few hundred bucks. Myself plus 5 friends all put money down in the last 3 days on Apha's. I have a 2018 Mountain Cat that I am keeping and the rest of them are coming off of Ski-doos and Pros/Axys.

This seems to be where about everyone is on price, what's killing me is what mine is worth, or not worth as may be the case.

Has anyone in your group got to ride the Alpha?

My current sled is a 18 Axys

Last edited:

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Can I ask who the dealer is there in eastern Oregon?? Everyone on the east side of Idaho is at 14,200 before fees and taxes....

E
Aug 28, 2017
Can I ask who the dealer is there in eastern Oregon?? Everyone on the east side of Idaho is at 14,200 before fees and taxes....

Yes Woody's in Caldwell, ID. I think Dennis Dillion in Boise pretty much the same on price as well. I've never dealt with either of them as I've never owned a cat, but I've heard nothing but good about Woody's.

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
This seems to be where about everyone is on price, what's killing me is what mine is worth, or not worth as may be the case.

Has anyone in your group got to ride the Alpha?

My current sled is a 18 Axys
All my buddies rode my 18 Mountain Cat this year and all but 1 of these guys were leaning towards trying out the cat this year. Once this Alpha system came out everyone got on board. None of us are die hard brand guys per se. I've owned Pros and Cats the last 10 years and currently am very happy on the cat. None of us sat around saying that we'd only guy one if we could ride one. I didn't say that about t-motion and love the XM set ups. I'm taking a bath on selling my 17 King Cat that I bought new in November of 2017- I expect to get hammered anytime I only keep a sled a year. Luckily I'm in a position for that to not be that big of deal.

Woody's is really great. I Live in Boise and have used Carls a bunch for motorcycles and sleds- They have been fine for the most part. I haven't been impressed with Dennis Dillion. I like that woody's feels like shops did 20 years ago. I can walk in the back door or come in through the shop and flip the guys some crap. Its real easy to work with Dave (owner) or Everett (main mechanic) if something comes up. If the price at your local dealership is within $500 bucks of the outfit across state I'd stick with your local shop and build a relationship with them.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I haven't been impressed with Dennis Dillion. If the price at your local dealership is within $500 bucks of the outfit across state I'd stick with your local shop and build a relationship with them.

^^^ this !
Woody's has treated me well.

E
Aug 28, 2017
All my buddies rode my 18 Mountain Cat this year and all but 1 of these guys were leaning towards trying out the cat this year. Once this Alpha system came out everyone got on board. None of us are die hard brand guys per se. I've owned Pros and Cats the last 10 years and currently am very happy on the cat. None of us sat around saying that we'd only guy one if we could ride one. I didn't say that about t-motion and love the XM set ups. I'm taking a bath on selling my 17 King Cat that I bought new in November of 2017- I expect to get hammered anytime I only keep a sled a year. Luckily I'm in a position for that to not be that big of deal.

Woody's is really great. I Live in Boise and have used Carls a bunch for motorcycles and sleds- They have been fine for the most part. I haven't been impressed with Dennis Dillion. I like that woody's feels like shops did 20 years ago. I can walk in the back door or come in through the shop and flip the guys some crap. Its real easy to work with Dave (owner) or Everett (main mechanic) if something comes up. If the price at your local dealership is within $500 bucks of the outfit across state I'd stick with your local shop and build a relationship with them.

Thank you guys for your input, it really does help us guys that haven't had any experience with cat or they're dealers.

I'm not the brand blind loyalist kind either, frankly I find that whole thing silly. Ride what you like, and so far I like what I see in the Alpha. Think I'll be talking with Dave on Monday...

As far as taking a bath on my 18 Axys, if it doesn't sell this fall I'll just keep it no big deal. Sometimes a spare sled comes in handy.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
IF YOU BUY 2 YOU CAN HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS :)
face-icon-small-wink.gif

Premium Features