• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Qestions answered #1 VIPEC ECU

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Is there a difference in fuel rails between the years? It looks like I have two regulators in my '11 rail but this kit only has a plug for one that is larger? That's just me assuming the regulator is the two little round discs on top of the fuel rail?

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Is there a difference in fuel rails between the years? It looks like I have two regulators in my '11 rail but this kit only has a plug for one that is larger? That's just me assuming the regulator is the two little round discs on top of the fuel rail?

I think those 2 round discs on the rail are dampeners not regulators. The regulator is in the tank

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's interesting...2 posts disappeared.

No longer is 900RMKTractor's post at the top of page 7. It's now post 149.

What two are gone. I have been watching this on Tapatalk.

Yes, my original post is gone.

I did not delete it.

I will repost it

Another user deleted two of HIS posts so it moved all subsequent posts up two spots.
RMK900tractor, your original post might have shifted up a page because he had deleted his two. I undeleted his two posts, so it should be back on the same page as it was before?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
I think those 2 round discs on the rail are dampeners not regulators. The regulator is in the tank

thanks this efi crap is cornfusing

There it is

Dug out the small black o ring and kept out the two blue ones on the old reg, inserted the large black into the body with some o ring lube and pressed the plug into it. Fits perfect

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Is this the correct assortment of stuff that's supposed to come in the kit?

If so is this how to orient it?

With the afr on the grey black red wires

Where do those two reds two blacks go?

This harness injector wires go to the secondary injectors from the silber kit? By the look of the diagram I'm supposed to run them to the factory injectors?

Looking at the sheet I'm missing an orange and black wire in the harness. Do I just run another orange from the boost controller to the ecu plug 34 pin 18 and a random 12 v from where ever? Is that black and silver box the boost controller? It seems my silber kit has a manual boost controller. Do I need to order an electric one?

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Thanks for the call Bryce and the patients.

I started digging in to the wires and man this polaris harness has way way too many unnecessary wires. By following the wire schematic I think I can cut out about half

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Are map sensors equal? Or a better question is can I use one of these left or right Bosch sensors in place of the middle sensor that came with the kit? It would be nice to reuse the nice map mounts I welded into my box.

The iat, I assume goes inline after the turbo? I can plug one of those box holes with it.

My AFR gauge is an AEM that runs to a readout gauge. I just spliced the grey inline with the white that runs to that gauge. Can I run two things off this AEM ugeo sensor?

This fuel pressure regulator, which way does it flow? The brass nipple, is it receiving or sending fuel?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Can someone tell me which way my fuel pressure regulator flows? It's in my post three previous to this, 205. Zoom In you'll see it kind of on the right. Or would you guys suggest a different reg? This kit is second hand so I'm not totally sure if it's the right one?

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I've never seen a reg like that, but most regulators are inlet through the side, outlet out the bottom. Is that reg adjustable?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
No I don't think it is, I think that little tube coming out the "top" hooks into a boost source and adjusts fuel pressure as boost rises? I'm just guessing? I would buy one of those fancy ones with the gauge on em but then I'd have two gauges

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
I wonder whats wrong with mine

don't know if I loaded the right software the book reads to load the vx ecu info which dosnt look to be an option. I chose the vts like bryceter said at the beginning but after that is it the v44 or the v88? or is this all obsolete

I finally got it all hooked up and the sled all put togather

ecu fault code 13: an volt 2 above error high value

ecu fault code 10: an volt 1 above error high value

again two minutes later and ever time I clear it?

have 12.41 v off my miniature jump pack

I hate computers

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Now I tried a half charged car battery at about eight volts being the errors read high voltage and got the same codes.

The codes come up and won't let me calibrate anything

I said what the hell and pulled the rope, it does start but gotta nurse it with the throttle to keep it going.

rsp111

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bryce,

I have a small problem that been kinda plaging
Me for a bit but seems to be getting worse, off of idle, the engine stumbles and takes some feathering to get going, it seems like it will not go at all while the afr is booting up. One thing I noticed from comparing old logs is the machine used to run at about 16 volts, now it seems to run at just below 14.

In your experience what do you think my problem is, from doing my reasearch it seems like it could be one of four items, the capacitor, the voltage regulator, the fuel pump, or the stator.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rsp111

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Premium Features