• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need some guidance

Feb 7, 2014
Alright so the other day we went on a ride. The sled ran fine for about 20 or so minutes. Riding up the mountain I noticed I wasn't getting no high end power. I could be goin 25-35 mph. Then I would go to speed up and it would almost bog or just give me little to no acceleration. Just would take me longer to speed up like I had no power band. Does anybody know what this could be? Or where to start checking? I have no idea. I have clutch problems but I doubt it's anything to do with it.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Alright so the other day we went on a ride. The sled ran fine for about 20 or so minutes. Riding up the mountain I noticed I wasn't getting no high end power. I could be goin 25-35 mph. Then I would go to speed up and it would almost bog or just give me little to no acceleration. Just would take me longer to speed up like I had no power band. Does anybody know what this could be? Or where to start checking? I have no idea. I have clutch problems but I doubt it's anything to do with it.

By chance does your headlight not work? If so, it may be the electrical solenoid above/behind the secondary clutch. If it fails, the EV's will not operate correctly. Just a thought-

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
By chance does your headlight not work? If so, it may be the electrical solenoid above/behind the secondary clutch. If it fails, the EV's will not operate correctly. Just a thought-
This is what I was going to say. I carry a spare one at all times. They are cheap. Like $5 from your local auto parts store. I can't remember the part number though.

Premium Features