• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Addiction Cans and bag Mounting ?

R
Jan 12, 2010
Looking to run a Mountain Addiction 2x1.3gal cans and MA large bag on my 141" Crossfire LTD (M Seat).

Anyone know the following dimensions/ if it will fit? Measurements look very tight.

-Outside to Outside of the two mounting brackets (Up tunnel between Seat and Tail-light)
-Overall Outside to Outside of Cans and Bag (length-wise of sled up tunnel, width is fine)

It looks like i have 16" of flat surface for the mounts, so my maximum outside to outside of the two mounts would be 16", then i can overlap the rear tail-light with the bags overhand, and hopefully tuck cans tight to seat.

Any help will be appreciated.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
on mine..07/m8 141 i had to remove the stock rack and then adapt an aluminum plate for a flat surface...you could look at raising your mounting surface a tad as well with spacers and plate if it helps it work for ya to extend over the tail light abit..?..

mods to fit mountain addiction cans.jpg

R
Jan 12, 2010
on mine..07/m8 141 i had to remove the stock rack and then adapt an aluminum plate for a flat surface...you could look at raising your mounting surface a tad as well with spacers and plate if it helps it work for ya to extend over the tail light abit..?..

Thats what im thinking i can overhang the bag over the start of the tail-light plastic. You can kind of see on this pic i found on net, the mount for the tail-light goes down at those two points. I could get to 18" or so from that point to the point where the tunnel extension meets the actual tunnel.

IMG00037-20101201-1255.jpg

crossfire1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
it is going to be tight....i have both bags and cans if you need more measurements. the one thing i can tell you is the rails that hold the tanks/bag dont like the gap for you cooler, makes them hard to take on and off and support the weight.

Last edited:
R
Jan 12, 2010
it is going to be tight....i have both bags and cans if you need more measurements. the one thing i can tell you is the rails that hold the tanks/bag dont like the gap for you cooler, makes them hard to take on and off and support the weight.

Measurements would be huge help is it a 141" crossfire you have them on?

Worst case I was thinking a MA cans then the smaller cat m series bag behind it....

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Don't tuck the cans too close to the seat. Makes it a pain in a$$ to get into your seat compartment. I put mine too close and sometimes need to take a can off to get something in/out of my seat. Not a major deal but just some advice from my experience. You might be better off with a Cat bag or something like that, that straps on over the tail light...?

Boone

R
Jan 12, 2010
Don't tuck the cans too close to the seat. Makes it a pain in a$$ to get into your seat compartment. I put mine too close and sometimes need to take a can off to get something in/out of my seat. Not a major deal but just some advice from my experience. You might be better off with a Cat bag or something like that, that straps on over the tail light...?

Boone

Good point. So i'm thinking Mountain Addiction Gas Cans then this Cat moutain pack behind it...? Going to have to track down some dimensions for this too though, but its soft so i assume it should fit fine.

5639-042.jpg

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Good point. So i'm thinking Mountain Addiction Gas Cans then this Cat moutain pack behind it...? Going to have to track down some dimensions for this too though, but its soft so i assume it should fit fine.

5639-042.jpg

That should work fine. I have one just like that. Borrowed it to a friend or I would grab some dimensions for ya. If memory serves me correct...it only sticks about 3-4 inches ahead of the tail light.

Premium Features