• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STANDALONE ECU PLUG N PLAY DIRECT FACTORY REPLACEMENT 800CC POLARIS ENGINE

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I don't want to run with out them. The second set and the placement of them is a big part of the reason Silber Turbos don't take the reeds out, like others do. They help cool the charge temps.

The fastest way to bust up a set of reeds is bad tuning, if you sled popping and not running clean your reads are probaly getting beat

C

Cody Phillips Racing

Feb 7, 2012
South Weber, UT
Did anyone end up actually installing and running a vi-pec on a Silber last season?

Shouldn't matter, this ECU will work on ANY turbo kit. All it takes is a decent base map and a little tuning and it'll out perform any other options on the market. No other option gives you:

-5D fuel mapping
-5D ignition mapping
-Boost Control (closed loop or open loop)
-Closed looped lambda control (set AFR target and ECU hits it)
-Option to use any sensors or injectors (stock or aftermarket)
-4 injector drivers
-Increased CDI
-Launch Control
-On board datalogging

and on and on......

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
The video clearly shows some great throttle response. IMO, the problem with this kit will be the cost vs necessity of it. It seems that any of the Pro turbo kits seem to have awfully good throttle response with their more turbo friendly port heights (compared to Dragons). Seems like most turbo guys prescribe to the Ronco idea....."set it and forget it".

So on a Pro, what field characteristics are showing/lacking from a piggyback unit that necessitates a standalone unit?

Just to step in here...from what I have read, the purpose of the kit is to give you the flexibility to tune your engine your way, if you decide to run huge boost etc. The mere fact that there are programs for the unit that are giving a stock sled 14HP gains, is more proving the fact that the tuning system can have its advantages for anyone. Pipe and crap for my PRO was $1500, and I probably gained 6HP...so this unit would have been a consideration for me at that time.

I THINK the other misconception here is the market-place he is targeting. Sure, there are say 400 turbo units a year sold, but that is because turbo'ing your 2 stroke sled for the majority of us morons SUCKS. I loved my HM 2011, but I hated playing with the programmer, so ended up on my stocker most of the time to ensure a pull and rip ride experience. All the power in the world, but when I’m in gullies and trenched out in a creek bed, not knowing what air-fuel mix to have it on with ambient temps of 65deg was a nightmare.

The hill is FULL of guys ready to line up and buy turbo'd sleds...just no one wants the bull**** associated with it...other than some of you mechanically inclined and motivated wrencher’s here...and I don’t mean that as a knock to any of you. Just that many of you have the patience and the knowledge to handle it….most of us DON’T.

For guys like me, I am awaiting my Vipec HM this year in hope that I can have a more powerful sled, that I barely notice that it is turbo'd in terms of operational functionality.

If that can be achieved, add a zero and double it for how many units will sell a year (if 400 is your starting number)…but of course, we’ll be buying stock $20k PRO’s with 190HP by then possibly too...

Anyway, back to this other thread on the issue where I am slapping some kid for some other non-sense

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Just to step in here...from what I have read, the purpose of the kit is to give you the flexibility to tune your engine your way, if you decide to run huge boost etc. The mere fact that there are programs for the unit that are giving a stock sled 14HP gains, is more proving the fact that the tuning system can have its advantages for anyone. Pipe and crap for my PRO was $1500, and I probably gained 6HP...so this unit would have been a consideration for me at that time.

I THINK the other misconception here is the market-place he is targeting. Sure, there are say 400 turbo units a year sold, but that is because turbo'ing your 2 stroke sled for the majority of us morons SUCKS. I loved my HM 2011, but I hated playing with the programmer, so ended up on my stocker most of the time to ensure a pull and rip ride experience. All the power in the world, but when I’m in gullies and trenched out in a creek bed, not knowing what air-fuel mix to have it on with ambient temps of 65deg was a nightmare.

The hill is FULL of guys ready to line up and buy turbo'd sleds...just no one wants the bull**** associated with it...other than some of you mechanically inclined and motivated wrencher’s here...and I don’t mean that as a knock to any of you. Just that many of you have the patience and the knowledge to handle it….most of us DON’T.

For guys like me, I am awaiting my Vipec HM this year in hope that I can have a more powerful sled, that I barely notice that it is turbo'd in terms of operational functionality.

If that can be achieved, add a zero and double it for how many units will sell a year (if 400 is your starting number)…but of course, we’ll be buying stock $20k PRO’s with 190HP by then possibly too...

Anyway, back to this other thread on the issue where I am slapping some kid for some other non-sense

forget about those kids, let them dream awake. i hope you will like your new vi-pec, Shane and Levi at Hm tuurbos will hook you up. we are flying next week to put the final touches on the close loop boost control and mapping. we are at finishing a solid failsafe (progamming the knock sensor). Hope you enjoy your new adult toy!

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
forget about those kids, let them dream awake. i hope you will like your new vi-pec, Shane and Levi at Hm tuurbos will hook you up. we are flying next week to put the final touches on the close loop boost control and mapping. we are at finishing a solid failsafe (progamming the knock sensor). Hope you enjoy your new adult toy!

Thanks for your comments. I am very excited by what you and other pinoneers are doing...this is truly game changing stuff. Whilst it surpirses me how long this technology took to come over to the 2strk sledding word, MEN like yourself whom are prepared to put this time, MONEY and the effort into fixing an issue that is a no-brainer NECESITY for what we are trying to acheive with our powerplants these days, is great stuff.

Sure, to nay-sayers, it's a limited capital pool...but in REALITY, its the way of the future and the manufacturers are happy peddling us 15+yr old technology that is not dealing with our Mountain riding realities...DEEP, STEEP and TIGHT riding.

I cannot say how many times I punched the peddle on my twin-turbo diesel and asked myself the question "why cant my sled have the same functionality?".

The sled market caters to a massive majority of flatlanders, as that is their bread and butter. 195+HP on the trail is a death machine. Also, flat landers dont - apparently - change their sleds every season or two as we are inclined to as mountain riders. In the Mountains, 195 TRUE HP should be a baseline goal for the big 3.

Trail Blaze PRECISION.E.F.I, Shane, Justin and the rest of you. I am here, as are many others, to support your products...because on the West Coast these systems will become as much a mainstay as an SLP pipe once was.

Did I ruin another thread? Was I too matter of fact? if so...SLAP

Last edited:
I

Ironmanstl

Nov 10, 2008
I hope this set up is working out.

From the first few pictures in the thread I was thinking this looks a lot like Rapid Bike software.
Had nothing but continuous problems with it trying to get my nytro to run properly on it. Would never make that mistake again.

Premium Features