• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuning in the Vipec on Skadi's sled

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
It's not what Vipec can do, but what it can't. By installing Vipec you are taking ownership of the entire engine management system.
Wich is super!
The installer better be very confident in the tune before sending a customer out on the snow with no way of making adjustments.
that is EXACTLY what we are giving you guys.....adjustments, all of them. all the requiered tuning infrastructure is now built,boosted or N/A......Next season, ALL of the Vi-pec family vendors will have gone through a complete E.F.I. class making them super comfortable with EFI tuning and requierements for a good running EFI machine.
Skadis sled might be the first of many.
This is so much crap....i am respecting your reserves toward our ECU but don't go to far with your comments ok? so far i think we didn't make that bad if that is what you are insinuating......

that's it for me too on this thread, like r_8_n wants.

Last edited by a moderator:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
She already got another sled. 12 with a RKT 858.:face-icon-small-hap

Excellent,glad to hear you got a new sled so fast so your season isn't totally wasted.
What fuel controler is on this sled or are you going to run the Vi-pec?
I bet this big block would run real good with boost!

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Like Precision EFI said, were just the one in the spot light right now. Lots of sleds working well with it. we saw something that we thougth would make her sled run way better....which it did...but having 1800 miles on the sled already we should of put a new top end on it. I had my TD8 go down after 1100 miles last winter. 1800 was pretty good i think. Anyway....the ONLY reason of selling the vipec is to recoup some money for summer toys. we've already been talking about putting a vipec on the RKTech 858 that shes getting but that wouldnt happen till next fall.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
"I thought i read that NM boost-it turbo pro was the best running in North America , if not the world , in the videos posted it does seem to be working really well , it takes more then a good working fuel controler to make a sled perform like that , and NM and sled has all three.
Hope to see your product in a sled with a rider that has all three things working for them , until then"

If I were to read back, I wouldn't see ANYWHERE that it said it was the best running in North America. I said it was the baddest Pro in North America. I haven't seen one of its equal. IMO, it has the best parts money can buy and I wouldn't build one any different. It definitely is the cleanest, best running two stroke turbo I've ever seen. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it runs awesome, its easy to tune and super simple set up, no magic. What more do you need or want....

Back to the topic, sorry to hear about your sled Skadi, one question I have, why the hell wouldn't they hook up the det sensor on a two-stroke? I don't buy the km part.

If you ever end up with a turbo again, you may want to consider a Boost-It fuel kit, it is really user friendly and you don't have to rely on someone else to dial in your sled.

Good Luck with the new ride, hope it all works out for you :face-icon-small-win

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Like Precision EFI said, were just the one in the spot light right now. Lots of sleds working well with it. we saw something that we thougth would make her sled run way better....which it did...but having 1800 miles on the sled already we should of put a new top end on it. I had my TD8 go down after 1100 miles last winter. 1800 was pretty good i think. Anyway....the ONLY reason of selling the vipec is to recoup some money for summer toys. we've already been talking about putting a vipec on the RKTech 858 that shes getting but that wouldnt happen till next fall.

Like i said in my PM, we will tune it for free if you decide to go this route and we will go at your place(or shane's place).I want you to fully realize what kinda potential this baby have!! The power we can put down with 4d,5d maps,timing adjustment at your finger tip,launch control,altitude compensation,are simply unequaled by ANY other controller on the market so far.

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
The Det sensor is working, we just have to do final calibrations and also the installation as of now will be plug and play the whole nine yards. So unless yours will add and subtract timing, have 3/4/5 D fuel and ignition maps, full configuration, individual cylinder trim(which is needed), full EBC control for consistencty,full altitude compensation , troubleshooting capabilty(very important for electronics and sensor standpoint,even more than digital wrench), Dwell control, injector timing control, and the list goes on. Like I have said time and time again,the Boost-it works well but doesnt have near the capability. The Vi-pec will have to be fine tuned by each individual because of fuel pressure variation and engine flow characteristics which will consist of maybe 1 day of tuning and after that its done from low to high elevation and zero to whatever kpa boost. Basically what it comes down to is one fuel table of tuning for 99% of people, less work than a power commander. Then if you want to add crazy configuration stuff to the combo be my guest like launch control,anti lag, etc. The whole principal behind the product is consistency and after its set you dont touch it. By next fall the kit being released will be plug and play from 0 to 13 pounds of boost and sea level to 13000 ft elevation.:face-icon-small-sho

C

CANDYMAN

Apr 23, 2008
Rimbey,AB
The Det sensor is working, we just have to do final calibrations and also the installation as of now will be plug and play the whole nine yards. So unless yours will add and subtract timing, have 3/4/5 D fuel and ignition maps, full configuration, individual cylinder trim(which is needed), full EBC control for consistencty,full altitude compensation , troubleshooting capabilty(very important for electronics and sensor standpoint,even more than digital wrench), Dwell control, injector timing control, and the list goes on. Like I have said time and time again,the Boost-it works well but doesnt have near the capability. The Vi-pec will have to be fine tuned by each individual because of fuel pressure variation and engine flow characteristics which will consist of maybe 1 day of tuning and after that its done from low to high elevation and zero to whatever kpa boost. Basically what it comes down to is one fuel table of tuning for 99% of people, less work than a power commander. Then if you want to add crazy configuration stuff to the combo be my guest like launch control,anti lag, etc. The whole principal behind the product is consistency and after its set you dont touch it. By next fall the kit being released will be plug and play from 0 to 13 pounds of boost and sea level to 13000 ft elevation.:face-icon-small-sho
It is intersting that you guys are pushing this product so hard when it's not even ready to go? If you look at all the posts then it is always what it is capable of or what it will do or if you do this or that.
I seen a couple videos of it running that almost put me to sleep.

When customers (not tuners) are jumping up and down about it and telling everyone how great it is, then it is a good product.
So far the only people who are bragging about it is the people who intend to make money on it.
The only customer that has come on here and talked about the product so far has a bunch of broken parts in a box.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
To bad theres not a good option for all us n/a sledders out there that may or may not have porting and what not. Oh and don't have the newest sled out there.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
png;base64,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
Tuning in the Vipec on... 04-11-2012 09:36 AMPolarisrocks Helpful Answer Negative Rating

Awww PoopyPants...sorry you don't like that it's closed.
Yuo know that I COULD have deleted the whole thread instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features