• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camo extreme 2.5 and avids

I keep reading everywhere that the rev chassis cannot fit the camo extreme 2.5 under it without either a drop and roll (then could run 8 tooth drivers) or running the 7 tooth avids. I swear I read a post of someone that accomplished a 2.5 under a rev with 8 tooth drivers WITHOUT a d and r. Is it possible the 2.86 pitch driver could fit in there with the 2.86 pitch track???

If anyone has a line on some decent shape avids on a rev chassis driveshaft or a camo extreme 150 or 156 pm me or better yet, call 370-677-5230....Kevin.

S
Feb 10, 2009
Gooding Id
I have a 07 that i had the 162 2.5 camo x with 7 tooth avids and it fit fine with 3.0 pitch till the track ripped in half. you can go with 8 tooth and clear. Im going to go back with the 2.86 pitch so think I will sell my avids.

avids

I have a 07 that i had the 162 2.5 camo x with 7 tooth avids and it fit fine with 3.0 pitch till the track ripped in half. you can go with 8 tooth and clear. Im going to go back with the 2.86 pitch so think I will sell my avids.

So....you are saying that from personal experience the 8 tooth would fit? let me know what you want for the 7 tooth, might take em off your hands.

B

broncoformudv

Mar 3, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
From what I have found while researching this is it will fit but will not work properly due to the tight fit snow and air will not be able to flow through.

Most guys are running 2.86 pitch 8 tooth Avids with a drop and roll.

Going 7 tooth is supposed to be a tight turn and cause a lot of vibrations.

S
Feb 10, 2009
Gooding Id
yes. the 7 tooth doses have a viberation. I had a 162 2.5 camo x with the ice age rails and 7 tooth avids. and a buddy has same thing but only with 156 rails and track and his viberates worse than mine did. right now im running a 15 wide 2 inch lug to get me by. but think im going to put the pro track under it.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
yes. the 7 tooth doses have a viberation. I had a 162 2.5 camo x with the ice age rails and 7 tooth avids. and a buddy has same thing but only with 156 rails and track and his viberates worse than mine did. right now im running a 15 wide 2 inch lug to get me by. but think im going to put the pro track under it.

Hows the new engine Guthrie? Need to go ride with you and the browns again one of these days.

03rev600mxzho: Sorry i hadn't called you yet. Do like RKT says and run the 8T drivers. I've never done it, but if he says it fits it fits. I had the 7T avid drivers on my 05 for a while with the old school camo X. Currently running 9T doo drivers and an 06' track on that sled. Much better setup that what i had before.

If you going to do the driver swap, and your dead set on 2.5, i would 8T in 2.86" pitch for your rev, and run a single ply 2.5 track. The single ply tracks are way better on non boosted sleds. Outherwise go 8T in 3.0 pitch and see if you can find a single ply track that fits your wants.

On a rev, i would probably just do 9T doo drivers and get the 2.3 track. You can buy the drivers from skidoo already press on and installed on the shaft.

I had the same issues as guthire and his buddy on my 05 with 7T avids and a camo extreme with traditional plys. Vibrated like a self propelled road compactor....lol.

camo extreme

Ran 8T 3.0 pitch drivers and 2.5 on my 07 wthout issues.. no need to drop and roll IMO.. Worked great!

You are one of the guys that I hear this from, but did you install the 2.5??? or did someone else that may have had to mod it??? I realize that it IN THEORY should fit, but most that I talk to say that the wind effect and snow pack next to the front cooler would be too extreme and loss of power would result. Any thoughts??? You're not modified in any way on yours??

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
You are one of the guys that I hear this from, but did you install the 2.5??? or did someone else that may have had to mod it??? I realize that it IN THEORY should fit, but most that I talk to say that the wind effect and snow pack next to the front cooler would be too extreme and loss of power would result. Any thoughts??? You're not modified in any way on yours??

Ran it for a season and it worked excellent.. sold the sled and it is still running well..

So, in reality, not theory, it fits and works well.. all THIS WIND EFFECT ETC. ETC. is grossley over-rated IMO...

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
do you happen to know if they were Avid or Wahl 8 tooth drivers??? The 8 tooth Avids are supposeably a little smaller in diameter...if those were eight tooth I would imagine they had to be avid.

The Avid 7 tooth is 6.5 in and the 8 tooth Avid is 7 .5 in. The 7 tooth Wahl is 7 in,and they are round which dont vibrate at all. The avids are flat between teeth and do vibrate with a small size driver, The 8 tooth avid is a tad larger than the stock driver.

The Avid 7 tooth is 6.5 in and the 8 tooth Avid is 7 .5 in. The 7 tooth Wahl is 7 in,and they are round which dont vibrate at all. The avids are flat between teeth and do vibrate with a small size driver, The 8 tooth avid is a tad larger than the stock driver.

Are the wahls going to stand up to the 840 with a 2.5"???? I saw in the TTABS thread that he wished he ran the Avids because the teeth on the wahls would catch the track upon exit. They may have fixed this is later batches. Any insight guys and gals??

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Are the wahls going to stand up to the 840 with a 2.5"???? I saw in the TTABS thread that he wished he ran the Avids because the teeth on the wahls would catch the track upon exit. They may have fixed this is later batches. Any insight guys and gals??

Fabcraft only uses Wahls. They are building Mod/turbo sleds,A call to them may answer your durability questions, I have not run them on the BB but put them on the Hawk. They do rotate easier and smoother. I have also heard the early Wahls needed the teeth trimmed as well.Were they fixed?

Fabcraft only uses Wahls. They are building Mod/turbo sleds,A call to them may answer your durability questions, I have not run them on the BB but put them on the Hawk. They do rotate easier and smoother. I have also heard the early Wahls needed the teeth trimmed as well.Were they fixed?

That's what I am wondering...if they did get fixed I would be better off getting the larger, smoother running 7 tooth wahl for slightly better attack angle and they are much cheaper!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
That's what I am wondering...if they did get fixed I would be better off getting the larger, smoother running 7 tooth wahl for slightly better attack angle and they are much cheaper!

Yah those are my thoughts as well, I had all the drivers on the bench a few months back and measured sizes between brands,Wahls will be the best fit for a 2.5 and better angle over 7 Avid. no vibrations.they are very helpful at fabcraft and just installed a set of 7 Wahls for a 3 inch paddle track with D$R CMX.

Premium Features