• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for some clutch help

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Okay guys got the new clutches on now I'm squealing and I think i may have some issue see if you can help me out. 2000 RMK 700

1. The drive I bought is shimmed for an 3211080 belt and I am running a stock 3211065 what is the big difference and does it matter i was told it didnt.

2. Is aligning the clutches a big deal and should I have it done? Can I do this my self with shims on the driven?

3.pictures (Belt in pics is the 065)
IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Did you try moving the cam on the secondary. Turn it so the belt rides down in the secondary a little more to see if that helps. The cam is on the side of the clutch with #s 1-5 if you didn't know already.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I checked on this site http://www.mfgsupply.com/DaycoPolUltraDriveBelts.html and there is a huge difference between the two belts. It shows the 3211065 is 2 11/64" longer. Width is the same so the shimming of the clutches will be correct. You are right in using the 3211065 belt because your clutch center to center distance is 12.5".

According to the pictures you may be a bit out of alignment. Did you push the belt over to one side before the picture? It looks like the belt is up against one side. You can adjust by moving alignment washers/spacers on the secondary. Whatever ones you take from behind the secondary you put on the front under the bolt or vice versa. The clutch offset should be 5/8". The other thing to check is the belt deflection. It should be 1.25" when you push down on the midpoint between the two clutches. Rotate the cam on the secondary clockwise towards #5 to give more deflection. If that doesn't work you may have to install another spacer in between the secondary sheaves.

Last edited:
O

olymon

Looks like you have some pretty excessive side clearance on your primary. I think .020" is the max you want. This will help with low end bog too. I just adjusted mine the other day. Not hard but you have to have the special tools for it:( I would agree on loosening up the secondary too. Move it up to #4 and see how the deflection and squeal are.

Last edited:
Premium Features