• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PIDD gauge ?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
How many are ordering the PIDD gauge ? Has their been any changes to the PIDD gauges for 2020 ? worth the money ?

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Had one on my 18 snow check. did not get one on the 2020 snowcheck. i dont think its worth the money to be honest. I dont ride many trails so the GPS option just doesnt mean that much to me

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I ordered this instead of the PIDD. Works great. No delay when you restart the sled because it has an internal battery. When sled is running, its wired to the 12v aux under the glove box. If you can talk friends into them, you can buddy track. You can also take it off the mount whenever you want.

https://www.trailtech.net/voyagerpro

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I ordered this instead of the PIDD. Works great. No delay when you restart the sled because it has an internal battery. When sled is running, its wired to the 12v aux under the glove box. If you can talk friends into them, you can buddy track. You can also take it off the mount whenever you want.

Never seen those... cool. Can stick with you for the next sled too.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Hummm . . . VERY interesting!
I had the PIDD on my last sled and it was useful only a time or two, so i wasn't about to pay that kind of money for the "upgrade" again! This Trail Tech is a little pricey, but it is at least removable to move to your next buggy . . .sled, ATV, UTV, motorcycle etc.

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Here is a little video of the Voyage Pro from Trail Tech. I guess $600 is not too bad since the PIDD is much more expensive and doesn't do nearly what this one will. If the whole group had these, it sure would be easy to keep track of everyone :)

https://youtu.be/yTsf2ierA9c

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yTsf2ierA9c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
My recommendation if ordering one is to also get a second base with ac charger for home or DC charger for vehicle to recharge the internal battery between rides. The internal battery drains pretty quick if you stop a lot when riding and don't have it set to shut down quickly. It does recharge when riding but very slowly.

Otherwise it's been great.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
My recommendation if ordering one is to also get a second base with ac charger for home or DC charger for vehicle to recharge the internal battery between rides. The internal battery drains pretty quick if you stop a lot when riding and don't have it set to shut down quickly. It does recharge when riding but very slowly.

Otherwise it's been great.

Trail Tech or NS1 gauge?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Fwiw the pidd gauge seems to be the only one that can be protected when tree riding.

The voyager and ns1 would be smashed off my sled the first ride.

(I Snowchecked my first 16 without the pidd but my current 16 turbo has the pidd gauge)

Personally I wouldn’t get the pidd if snowchecking again.........

S
Jan 30, 2019
Snowchecked a 155 SKS with the PIDD. Never had one, but like the GPS function and not worrying about something falling off and losing it in the snow.

Now is the time to add one if considering it b/c the cost goes up if installing down the road.

I wish that when paired with my phone via bluetooth it would share my location to my riding group (when in cell coverage) using ride command and allow me to see my riding group, but maybe down the road.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Fwiw the pidd gauge seems to be the only one that can be protected when tree riding.

The voyager and ns1 would be smashed off my sled the first ride.

Very true!
An aftermarket gauge like either of these would be incredible if it could REPLACE the stock gauge and fit in the same area. Otherwise, it does look a little vulnerable mounded like it is. First rollover might ruin it!!

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Snowchecked a 155 SKS with the PIDD. Never had one, but like the GPS function and not worrying about something falling off and losing it in the snow.

Hope you got electric start too. It's pretty much useless without a battery.

Oh, if you have a battery and leave the key on, it will kill the battery.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
How many are ordering the PIDD gauge ? Has their been any changes to the PIDD gauges for 2020 ? worth the money ?

I just snow checked a 2020 with the PIDD. Ive had them on several sleds. Once you spend a little time on it you'll find it easy to use. However, I feel it's expensive for what it is and voiced my thoughts on this to some Polaris reps. Apparently there are some major updates coming in the future. Not sure when and they didn't know ether. However, for me it saved us from spending the night in the mountains a couple years ago in Wolf Creek CO. I was riding with a few guys that live there and we were off away from everyone else to test some stage kits. A storm came in quickly and even though these guys lived there and knew the mountains well we couldn't see our old tracks or 15' in front of us. The PIDD had dropped a bread crumb trail from the parking lot to where we were. We simply followed that back and luckily made it to the trucks that night on fumes. My hand held Garmin froze up in the cold.
If you dont have electric start I would recommend the PIDD power up cord from CVcustoms here on Snowest. Until they come up with something better, I'll spend the extra on it. My resale on each used sled has gone up with the PIDD as well. To each there own.
https://cvcustoms.com/products/850-axys-pidd-power-up-cable

Last edited:
B
Nov 2, 2009
Super easy to install. You need 2 parts - one is the gauge and the other is the bracket. Make sure you get the correct one - the axys one does NOT fit the 850 - it mounts the GPS receiver down by the 850 fuse box (doesn’t work) the 850 kit is also the TITAN kit which mounts the receiver behind the gauge..... betcha wonder how I know this!!!

Anyways - I also recommend the Cv customs power up kit - awesome company to deal with- I have the little lithium battery set up Cv recommends. It weights next to nothing - fits great and the harness is perfect!!!

As with the poster above that was indicating how it got him back to the truck - that is the sole reason I bought it. Last year was in a whiteout only a km from the trail. Couldn’t see anything. Try to use a gps or a unit that isn’t on the gauge pod area and drive in a whiteout - you will know why I went to the pidd....plus I have ridden with people with other units that mounted and they don’t last when your rolling them over in the trees etc....

It’s has a specific use, and when you need it...it’s worth it’s weight in gold whether you like to admit it or not.

Just a my 2 cents

Premium Features