• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 mile maintenance

B
I have a 17 mountain cat with 1700 miles was considering doing all drive bearings and possibly top end and clutch rebuild. Was just wondering when others were doing these things don't want to throw a bunch of parts at it but don't want mid season problems.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
If two years or older I like to do the drive bearings. Great idea. If mountain riding, new or rebuild clutches at 1000 miles. It's heli removal only where I sled so Im more anal. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
wow I have same sled about same miles, regular clutch cleans, needs nothing that I can see.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Drive bearings in most cases will go well into the 4k mile range. If you would like to pull the outer seal off and re grease this is a good step on the clutch side. the other side is in gear oil and you can inspect them by pulling off the cover. top end 3500 miles primary clutch blow it out with compressed air and take off the cover and replace the primary spring and check the rollers. if sloppy replace clutch with a new one. IMO rebuilding cat clutches is not worth it.

Premium Features