• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 850 Twin Ring Long Rod Motor

P
Jan 22, 2013
leduc, alberta
Stop keeping me in suspense, I'm getting blue bearings here! Would that be a hole in the piston skirt, in line with the transfer port? If so, that sounds like a similar concept to the CTEC. It seems to me that Cat hit on a great solution to the rod bearing problem, but I'm curious what you think of that.

With regard to the blue bearings you've seen, do you think it's long WOT runs, or a higher percentage of engine time at WOT causing it? Also – hopefully not opening a can of worms here – but any idea if the oil being used makes any difference?
Yamaha wrote a research paper on this and found that oil chemistry definitely was a factor in overheated rod bearings. Using a longer rod with fewer degrees of oscilation would be a positive.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Pre-Season

The Long rod 850 motor is ready to go.....spring / early summer 2019 Long Rod builds will receive a discount on all PTO bearing & case updates, and center oil-cavity modifications

The 2019 850 Long Rods motors will get a 50% discount on the all updates.

850 Long Rods must be secured before June 1st to receive the 50% discount.

Any 2020 Long Motors ordered before June 1st will receive -10% discount on pre-season orders.

We only have a Limited number or Long rods this season.

We also just released our 2020 updated 850 Turbo billet head.

Also all pre-order 850 billet head sets & Turbo heads will receive -15% off orders before June 1st.

Next week our website will be update with correct pricing.

Thank you

Dan
Not seeing the 850 on your site.

Cost?

Warranty?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

Cost?

Warranty?
Ya Dan. It’s like you’re busy moving Indy Specialties to a new shop or anything.

Will you have time for any internet fights this year? If not, I’ll do my best to stir up some stuff.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Dan moved his entire machine shop from his home to a much bigger location recently. As you can imagine it must have been a huge undertaking. Plus getting the electrical, air, water and computers all hooked up to everything in the shop. Plus, they are training in some new workers. If you know Dan, he is strict on everything that leaves his shop, so give them a little time to get caught back up. I was down there a few weeks ago, the old shop was very impressive the new shop is amazing!

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Dan moved his entire machine shop from his home to a much bigger location recently. As you can imagine it must have been a huge undertaking. Plus getting the electrical, air, water and computers all hooked up to everything in the shop. Plus, they are training in some new workers. If you know Dan, he is strict on everything that leaves his shop, so give them a little time to get caught back up. I was down there a few weeks ago, the old shop was very impressive the new shop is amazing!
Where is the new shop?

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com

Cost?

Warranty?

The conversion is under the machine services section of the page. Here is the link: https://www.indyspecialty.com/services

If you have a 2019 850 and want the cases machines for the PTO retaining ring I believe that is another charge.

I will be running a 850 Warthog this season with some Silber Boost! I will report back when I have some seat time on it!

1e6172a17e4099bbc8b5ce6f0653c840.jpg

850 & 800 PIDD Cables
www.cvcustoms.com
Get Some Get There

Premium Features