• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering Post Rubbing on Throttle Body

C
Jan 30, 2019
I recently bought a 2004 Arctic Cat 1m 900 EFI with a 159" track. While performing numerous repairs that the previous owner neglected to tell me about I discovered that the the steering post had rubbed through the boot on the the right side throttle body bell. I can not see any obvious damage that could be causing this. One dealer suggested replacing the engine mounts as they may have started to sag. Anyone else experienced this problem that has any suggestions ?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Then all should be good? Check if there is run out side to side of shaft when pulling on the handle bars side to side> Maybe he bent the shaft on a hard hit? Should run pretty true for a straight shaft down to bottom bell crank! Mike

C
Jan 30, 2019
Steering post rubbing

I've checked everything possible and resorted to spacing the steering post saddle block further away from the steering support but have still gained very little clearance. What I have noticed though is some sort spacer plate between the intake pipes and the engine block where the reeds are located. I do not see that plate in the parts breakdown. This would definitely cause the throttle bodies to sit closer to the steering post. Wondering if there would be any issues with me removing it..

Premium Features