• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex dying?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
hey guys i got a question about my apex that has never really been an issue but figured i should check it out as preventative maintaince.
after doing some hard riding on my apex for a few hours and after i do a WOT chute pull or try burning some doughnuts, when i let off the throttle at the top of the hill the sled will idle down and slowly die after a couple seconds. any reason for this? mainly does it after a hard pull, and it doesn;t seem to affect performance at all.

thanks
spenser

My turboed apex did that when the tps went out replaced it for around 125.00 and no more die
check your tps reading on diagnosis mode it is the first numbers that show up @ idle I think it should be around 20 and wide open should be close to 100
I think mine was reading like 14 @ idle and 82 wide open

Check that to see if it is the tps

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
no turbo......yet. tps is a good thought as the sensors do wear out. i should also mention that it only happens when riding in the mtns never at home in the prairies, i ride anywhere from 4500-8000 depending on where i go. seems to only happen in high load WOT situations where the gas is let off quickly at the top of the hil.

Premium Features