• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suspension set up for my heavy A**

ejf50

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2008
2015 pro rmk running silber turbo.

I am wanting to get my shocks rebuilt as my left front needs to be done anyways.

What are some suggestions for spring and shock adjustments for a big guy like myself. with gear looking at about 300 lbs.

has anyone ran the spring kit that zbros sells? for the rear suspension.

any input would be great!

S

shell_guy

Jan 28, 2008
Red Deer, AB
I run the Burandt Edition Evols front and rear with a coupling rear conversion. Works great, very tuneable for conditions and a great ride.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Respring for rider weight like a z-broz spring kit would be awesome. Right now your probably just sitting way down in the stroke causing the sled to drag and push thru the snow instead of getting up and moving forward.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Have you looked at the spring kit offered by Raptor? You could have your shocks revalved and have their triple rates put on at the same time. I have a buddy that did this and he weighs probably 270 with gear. Currently loving the suspension setup.

SwedenPro

Premium Member
Apr 1, 2013
Sweden
I'm about the same mass as you, and I have Fox float evol r's around, I've upgraded the rear shock bolts to a 12.9 allen head, after cutting the upper bolt a few times, luckily I haven't ruined the track, but my shock has some scratches...

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
What length is your rear spring set at? I'm in the same boat as you with a heavy ***. I just cranked mine up to 9 3/4 inches spring length which is max according to the manual. I haven't tried it yet but will next week. My sled is a 13 turbo pro and it just wanted to wheelie and trench while climbing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I got a buddy on a 15 pro big bore that weighs in at 400+lbs before gear. As far as I know he's only running the zbroz springs and k.i.s.s. coupler and he seems to get around pretty good with that set up.

Premium Features