• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 m8000 mvm belt drive.

S

Sledneck_1987

Dec 9, 2007
whats everyones thoughts ? and how have they liked the product. leaning towards mvm over c3, and tki just because its lighter.

Spider-One

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
Northwest Territories
Have the MVM kit on my 16 High Country 800. Great kit install was straight forward and I like the fact that I didn't have to drill my shaft or install a new shaft. I wouldn't have any issues recommending it. I have an oil delete so not sure on their oil tank and such.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Installed a few MVM's last year. Very good product. Weighed all three drives and the MVM is alittle lighter. You really can't go wrong with any of the three.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
My vote goes to TKI. I have put some hard miles
On mine and never had an single issue. Great fit and finish and great customer service. Thanks Tom for a great product. And all made in the USA!

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Installed a MVM on my 14 HCR last season and will be installing a MVM on my 17 Mountain Cat. Dean and Todd at MVM are outstanding and are super easy to work with. I know people have different views on which belt drive to install, but I could not be happier with the support and the performance of the system.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Can't speak for the others but tki is the bomb. Have had mine for going on 3 seasons and Tom is solid, available, and knowledgeable.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I went TKI for the simple reason that Tom will let you swap out gears free of charge if you dont like what you get originally. MVM said you have to buy a new bottom gear that is $325. I couldnt have been happier with my decision to go with TKI because I did change gears and he quickly got me the new gear out. Tom is a great guy that will bend over backwards to help you. My riding group was so impressed with TKI that 2 more ordered them this year and another will before the season is over I'm sure. Had a small issues with the install but after talking to him at the show this year he addressed all the problems I had in the new kits going out. I have never been more impressed with a snowmobile aftermarket company and their product.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
I've got the MVM. Couldn't be happier with the performance and the customer support. I can't speak for TKI simply because I haven't used their product. I do know that a handful of guys on the Hill Climb circuit (Tupper Racing) are running the MVM and have put some hard miles on it.

Premium Features