• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 M8000 hand warmer-thumb warmer switch issue

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Looks like this switch has failed, doing a continuity test only the high hand warmer on one side and thumb high test, which also show resistance (fluke multi meter). I have never had a AC switch failure. Just wanting to know if other have had the same.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
a different sled, but I had to replace a handwarmer switch on our ZL600 backup sled last season. Same thing checked it with a multimeter and defiantly was not getting continuity on high. easy enough fix

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Having issues with my 12 hcr switches for my warmers, can someone please share how to test the switches. thanks

You need a quality multi meter, just check for continuity in each switch, there are 4 small tork screws to remove on left side, I do not have any kind of diagram to use. turn on one switch at a time and see if you can get the meter to sound off on a completed circuit. Basically high and low on both hand and thumb, thumb will only have two pins(not counting ground), hand will have 4 pins that should sound off, On my 14 high right and high thumb were the only ones that had continuity. A Walmart multi-meter might not work well but its better than nothing. A fluke is the best you probably can get in a multi meter.

Last edited:
S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Switch not the issue, with out a diagram it is not real easy to check all the connections, after I figured out each switch all check out ok, looks like the issue is in the wire from switch to hand warmer,

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Must have been water in the connection that caused left hand warmer to shut off, everything works, I put grease in the plugs hopefully they will work with out any issues.

Premium Features