• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DET 1/8th to 1/4 throttle

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
I can promise you that if your pipe is touching anything else it will hit the DET sensor.

As you stated in your first post, you bump the throttle going down the trail, you will have a vibration harmonic right at that spot where your pipe will bounce off of the bulkhead underneath. That sensor is very sensitive. It's a microphone basically. When your pipe bounces off the bulkhead it will send a vibration back in through the engine and I guarantee the sensor will pick it up.

Pull the pipe and see where it's vibrating and rubbing.

Make sure that the padded pedestal underneath the pipe is not worn out.

MAKE SURE YOUR MOTOR MOUNTS ARE FRESH.
Ironically I forgot to put the rubber on the bottom of the pipe when I installed it last year. I put it on a couple of weeks ago and it became apparent that this pipe barely fits under the over structure. Looks like it was rubbing on the over structure so I covered the area with rubber tape just in case. I also ordered new motor mounts. Are there any aftermarket options out there that last longer.? I've seen people say that they need to be relieved every 700ish miles and it would be annoying to replace them multiple times in a season.

I ended up draining my tank and filling with good fresh fuel. I just got back from riding it and it ran awesome. Best it's ran yet. I have the 64 gram weights installed and that doesn't seem to be enough so I'll be ordering some adjustable weights tonight. Pretty stoked to have it running good finally. Thanks everyone for all of the input.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ironically I forgot to put the rubber on the bottom of the pipe when I installed it last year. I put it on a couple of weeks ago and it became apparent that this pipe barely fits under the over structure. Looks like it was rubbing on the over structure so I covered the area with rubber tape just in case. I also ordered new motor mounts. Are there any aftermarket options out there that last longer.? I've seen people say that they need to be relieved every 700ish miles and it would be annoying to replace them multiple times in a season.

I ended up draining my tank and filling with good fresh fuel. I just got back from riding it and it ran awesome. Best it's ran yet. I have the 64 gram weights installed and that doesn't seem to be enough so I'll be ordering some adjustable weights tonight. Pretty stoked to have it running good finally. Thanks everyone for all of the input.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good to know the det sensor was doing its job.

Protecting you from bad gas. (Or at least telling you it was present)

Premium Features