• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help with 06 m7.

T
Dec 14, 2007
Ok guys so i bought this sled from my buddy at the end of the season last year. I bought for my daughter to ride / loaner sled. My buddy has owned it sense it was new and it has always been a great sled. He bought a new one a few years ago so this one has just been sitting around for the last 3-4 years. I took it out for one ride last year and it didnt seem to run real good but I didnt think much about it. I took it home and cleaned the powervalves , stuck a new set of plugs in it. I never took it out after that. fast forward to this year we took it out the other day and it was still acting crappy, I brought it home, got as much of the old gas out as i could, filled it up with fresh fuel, stuck another set of plugs in it and still the same thing.
Sled starts right up, usually on the first or second pull. Idle is great. It seems to run ok if you just baby it along but as soon as you hammer it, it falls on its face and will die if you dont let off the gas. As long as you baby it no lights come on but after the wot and bog it sets off the check engine light. Anyone have any ideas??? the sled is EFI.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Could be a wire shorting out, the tail light wire seems to rub though underneath the seat and tank, removing seat not real hard, the tank will take a few minutes. I had an 06 sold it with 1800 miles, replaced stator and rpm pick up next to flywheel, Neither gave me a code. The stator just quit and would not start, the pick up sensor was erratic rpm that did not go away until I changed the sensor. Could also be a sensor failing. If you can get a number of code that could solve your issue.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
if it sat for 3-4 years pull the inspectors out and youtube how to clean them. i bet you have some plugged screens on the inlet side. take a flash light and look inside the take for crap floating in the bottom of the tank. you could also have crap stuck in the pump intake.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
How many times does the check engine light flash? I believe they flash out a code, then there should be a sticker under the hood for reference if it hasn't been removed. Make sure the exhaust valve cables haven't popped of the servo and are adjusted correctly

Premium Features