• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ULTRA 680 ENGINE IN 96' WEDGE XCR CHASSIS

R

RiverAstein

Feb 25, 2017
MAINE!
HEY EVERYONE, i HAVE A 97 XCR SP WITH THE ULTRA MOTOR FOR A COMPLETE DONOR. AND I HAVE AN COMPLETE 96 XCR 600 THAT HAD THE XLT MOTOR. I STRIPPED IT ALL DOWN AND HAVE THE ULTRA MOTOR ALL REBUILT READY TO GO IN THE WEDGE CHASSIS. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD INFO ON MEASUREMENTS FOR DRILLING NEW HOLES FOR THE MOTOR MOUNTS TO BOLT IN. I THOUGHT I READ A FORUM SOMEWHERE SAYING TO JUST SLOT ONE OF THE REAR HOLES AND THE SECOND REAR HOLE JUST MOVED LIKE 1 3/4" OVER AND JUST RE DRILL NEW FRONT HOLES IM JUST NOT SURE. TRYING TO MAKE SURE MY CLUTCH ALIGNMENT IS GOOD AS WELL. ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!

Last edited:
O

olymon

This is what I did to mount one up. Motor straps in place, motor lying on the straps. Position the motor for the correct center to center and offset (are you going to use a torque arm?). Mark the top of the straps with a scribe going around the base of the motor. Measure the bolt layout on the bottom of your motor, transfer dimension for the correct orientation and drill. The water pump on the Ultra motors makes fitting difficult in some chassis.

Premium Features