• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COLORADO - BLM - Kremmling Field Office Draft RMP/EIS Available

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
blm-kremmling-alert-banner.jpg

COLORADO - BLM - Kremmling Field Office Draft RMP/EIS Available
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has released the Draft Resource Management Plan (DRMP) and Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Kremmling Field Office for a 90-day public comment period. The Kremmling Draft RMP/EIS planning area encompasses 377,900 acres of BLM-managed lands and underlying federal mineral estate in all or parts of six Colorado counties: Jackson, Grand, Summit, Larimer, Eagle and Routt.
This land use plan will provide the management direction for the next two decades covering all aspects of BLM land and mineral management within the Kremmling Valley Field Office boundaries, including recreation, travel management, energy development, resource protection, wildlife habitat, urban interface, special designations, grazing and realty actions.

Copies of the Kremmling DRMP/Draft EIS are available in the Kremmling Field Office as well as their website at:
http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/BLM_Programs/land_use_planning/rmp/kfo-gsfo/kremmling.html.

The BLM will host three public open-house meetings to provide the opportunities to meet informally with the Kremmling Field Office staff for the purpose of asking questions and getting clarification about topics of interest in the DRMP/DEIS. Each of these meetings will be from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the following locations:

October 27, 2011 -- Granby Community Center, 125 North 3rd, Granby, CO.
November 3, 2011 -- The Wattenberg Center, 682 County Road 42, Walden, CO.
November 8, 2011 -- CSU Cooperative Extension Building, Fairgrounds, Kremmling, CO.

The BLM is currently accepting public comment on the DRMP/DEIS, and comments will be most helpful if received by December 14, 2011, but can be submitted until January 17, 2012. You may submit comments related to the Kremmling Field Office DRMP/DEIS by any of the following methods:

• [FONT=&quot]E-mail: co_kremmlingrmp@blm.gov [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Fax: (970) 724-3300[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Mail: RMP Comments, Bureau of Land Management, Kremmling Field Office, P. O. Box 68, Kremmling, CO 80459; or hand deliver them to the BLM at 2103 E. Park Avenue, Kremmling.[/FONT]
For additional information, contact Dennis Gale, RMP Project Lead at (970) 724-3003.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact BRC.
Thanks in advance for your support,

Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 107

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Hmmmmmm? Maybe I'll run over and see what's up. And FYI, Dennis Gale is prolly the biggest greenie liberal that the BLM has working for them.

I went to school with his kid and they both think that Obama and all Dems are Gods gift to modern man-kind.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I haven't been able to pull road maps and such, but what I can see of this is its super restrictive. The amount of roads left under any action alternative is, by the numbers on the chart I could retrieve, a fraction of the total existing roads. Also note that you will not be able to shoot in any number of places that traditionally supported shooting. (some the junk left behind shows why we lose such areas, but still...)
I hope that people get excited about the proposal and look at it and attend meetings.

I was driving all the roads north of Kremmling from highway forty east basically to the Parkview area (yes, it was possible back, hardly even crossing a county road) and north into North Park before I was fourteen. There were serviceable roads every where. Now, the BLM apparently need to protect all that sagebrush, or protect us from ourselves, by taking out tens, if not hundreds, of miles throughout the district.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Yep. Trails that were there when I was a kid are closed now and the BLM said they only closed the new trails. My dying azz they did. They closed trails that showed up on aerial photography back in the 1980s. But waddya expect from a entity that only hires idiots with an East Coast mentality?

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Government Closures

Isn't it great we work are a*# Off and pay gobbs of taxes and they have the Right to do what ever they think is in the best interest of the of the Future Generation, as they justify it with there Liberal Excuses. I am from New England area and moved out West to get away from this mentality but they area all over NOW. They wake up in the morning and look for something to TAKE AWAY from you and I, sorry I dont get this type of Ignorance!!!!:face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features