• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine Seized- 2000 Powder Special

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
yeah im doing the same thing right now just finished a 2001 800 with the same problem, this is the second one thats ended up im my shop, there was some shavings but cleaned her up, now she runs like a dream, mixed the gas and found out today the the reason i think she had a melt down was no oil? pump doesnt work and the guy that owns it cant remember, she sat for about 2 years, but other than that she works great im able to chase my buds 900 down he hates me now lol

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Most likely, my skirt broke because of piston fatigue. I bought the sled with a little less than 2000 miles. The salesman thought the top end was fresh, but wasn't 100% sure. I now have 4700 miles and thought about putting a new top end on, but never did. Lesson learned... I have always heard to freshen it up every 2000 or so miles. Now I know the hard way. Luckily for me, it was only the piston, it could've been a lot worse.

Premium Features