• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I screwed up last time...

H

HighestMark

Aug 1, 2015
This time I've got it right.

THEY want to ban us from riding national parks completely.
Please visit debate.org and vote NO!

http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-snowmobiles-be-banned-in-us-national-parks

We are currently winning the debate 61% to 39%.

THEY say we pollute and destroy and kill wildlife and THEY are a bunch of tree-hugging pansies. They say we destroy the landscape... ummmm hello it's covered in snow! Hikers actually erode the landscape far more than sleds! Snowmobiles put about 0.5 lbs. psi on the land while hiker's boots put 5 lbs psi on the land.

THEY say we pollute. Yeah we do. Not much compared to the 1.2 million cars, trucks and RVs visiting each year.

THEY say we disrupt wildlife. Ummmmm... most wildlife is hibernating thru the winter, duh! And we seek deep powder; the animals active in the winter do not.

I read an activist's post that suggested, "Snowmobiles also provide a noisy distraction to those on snowshoes or cross country skiing." Are you ****ing kidding me? One man's activity interfered with another man's activity? STFU!

I could go on and on...

PLEASE VOTE FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!

http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-snowmobiles-be-banned-in-us-national-parks

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
It's laughable....the wildlife security argument that the greenies are getting away with. Try to Google a deadly encounter with a bear and motorized recreational participant. If you find one let me know I would love to read it. I know of a certain bear and cubs that were just killed because they are a hiker.

But some how the animals are more secure in an area because a motorized form of recreation is not allowed into an area.

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
If anyone rides snowmobiles they should be making a comment and stating their preference. This is and will be a continuing battle over the use of forest service/public lands/national parks in all of the western states. Even though snowmobilers contribute more to the economy of an area than any skiing program(probably ten to one) the skiers are the the most vocal group and have better financial backing.There are some landmark decisions at stake and if we don't stand up and defend ourselves, in the courts, we will be the last generation of "boondocking" snowmobilers. We will be like the snowmobilers back east that only have snow covered roads, utility corridors, and abandoned railroad right of ways to ride on.
Also, take a look at WWA (winter wildland alliance) and see who their financial backers are. Let those companies know your feelings. You would be surprised at how much you are supporting the very people that want you off/out of the forest/public land.
Edit/Delete Message

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
If anyone rides snowmobiles they should be making a comment and stating their preference. This is and will be a continuing battle over the use of forest service/public lands/national parks in all of the western states.
western states yeah and also northern states. last yr the Chippewa Nat forest in N MN banned all off trail use. the ****ed up thing is U could ride around in the woods up there all day and never cross a track .

M
Mar 7, 2008
Hope Jan 20, 2017 is start of restoring sensible forest management

Just wondering what the hiker dudes think about a herd of bison leaving their hoof prints and causing erosion.
The poll is now over 70% currently supporting snowmobiles.
But I will tell you having just come back from West Yellowstone, at least one snowmobile winter 'guide' is pretty busy brainwashing the masses from New Jersey/et al about the evil non guided snowmobiler [ " driving 4 sleds abreast at 80 mph ", tearing up the land, as one Rendezvous Snowmobile guide tells his group how we used to do before guides - (big fat lie) ]
So even a few of of those in the tour business are not helping things.

This time I've got it right.

THEY want to ban us from riding national parks completely.
Please visit debate.org and vote NO!

We are currently winning the debate 61% to 39%.

THEY say we pollute and destroy and kill wildlife and THEY are a bunch of tree-hugging pansies. They say we destroy the landscape... ummmm hello it's covered in snow! Hikers actually erode the landscape far more than sleds! Snowmobiles put about 0.5 lbs. psi on the land while hiker's boots put 5 lbs psi on the land.

THEY say we pollute. Yeah we do. Not much compared to the 1.2 million cars, trucks and RVs visiting each year.

THEY say we disrupt wildlife. Ummmmm... most wildlife is hibernating thru the winter, duh! And we seek deep powder; the animals active in the winter do not.

I read an activist's post that suggested, "Snowmobiles also provide a noisy distraction to those on snowshoes or cross country skiing." Are you ****ing kidding me? One man's activity interfered with another man's activity? STFU!

I could go on and on...

PLEASE VOTE FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!

Premium Features