• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Reverse Bolt Breakage Issue Update

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
There is not a tech bulletin as of now. There are not enough reported cases to warrant a bulletin at this time. The only way to initiate a bulletin is to have dealers report failures. When they see enough failures they may issue a bulletin, but as for now they are being addressed on a case by case basis.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
took mine apart today and the bolt was fine.... until i tried to take it off..haha... It broke off when i was taking it off.

5/600 miles on my sled. mostly boosted

M
Jan 14, 2004
took mine apart today and the bolt was fine.... until i tried to take it off..haha... It broke off when i was taking it off.

5/600 miles on my sled. mostly boosted

Identical situation here today. Put the wrench on started to loosen then SNAP. I hate that sound.

M5

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Identical situation here today. Put the wrench on started to loosen then SNAP. I hate that sound.

M5

i ordered a bolt from yammi but put it back together without the bolt. I think it would be a lot easier to put the chaincase cover back on with the bolt. The whole chaincase is a PITA

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
On the bolts I have replaced they appear to have bottomed out. A couple others seem to be overtorqued, and a couple looked like they had a vibration or integrity in the bolt issue. I have not had any of the updated bolts break. I have not re-inspected all of them, but the ones we have brought back in are fine. My sleds are non reverse models otherwise I could check them every 100 miles or so and keep you informed. I will have a few more of the updated sleds coming in for service in the next month and will keep you up to date.

W

woodies

100_1259.jpg

broke right at the shaft.not bottomed out,and soft as butter!went to bolt shop guy figures its the lowest grade bolt allowed!going to try harder but not worried to much as bolt dosen't do any thing except hold the bottom together for assembly!

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
What bolt is this exactly? Does anyone have a picture of it in the chain case or can identify it on the parts fiche? I haven't taken my chain case apart yet, but I would like to know what to look for.

Thanks,

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
has any one else come up with why this is happening ? I 've gone through 3 bolts now and cant figure out why . i cant see it doing any harm other than getting the oil drity faster . it just comes in handy putting the case back together .

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Has anyone heard anymore about this issue. My sled is at the dealer as the front end is absolutly shot/wore out. They are telling me that there is no issue with the bolt. Mine has been replaced but i never re checked it since i changed it. If there is no update i will be checking it when i swap the track next week.
Any info appreciated:confused:

100_1259.jpg

broke right at the shaft.not bottomed out,and soft as butter!went to bolt shop guy figures its the lowest grade bolt allowed!going to try harder but not worried to much as bolt dosen't do any thing except hold the bottom together for assembly!

Not 100% (like 99%) sure but when you pull your jack shaft you loosen the set screws in the bearing on the clutch side (to change out the drivers/track or for what ever reason) the bolt pulls the jack shaft over to the chain case side so it will be aligned properly in the tunnel (with the proper torque) then re-lock tight and install the set screws. If you are just pulling your chain case apart then yes the bolts job is to hold the gear assemble together.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Mine was broke as well when i pulled it apart for a track change. I drilled and tapped it out to 7/16-20 and put a grade 8 in there. We'll see if that holds.

Premium Features