• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broken monorail?

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I se this on FB, the guy damaged his monorail and can't get a replacement for a while.

Not dissing on AC or the alpha just passing the information.received_796451587374409.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Looks like Norway. I’d be REALLY surprised if Cat didn’t have some replacent rails for the Alpha available in the US and Canada.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
My guess would be he tagged a pretty good rock and the front of the skid took the hit. Wouldn’t be suprised is the aluminum shaft was also bent as it probably hit the drivers before the rail tip.

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
I had a motor issue last year with my 18 (ctec)- web showed a long
Wait. Dealer reached out to his rep and cat pulled a complete motor off the assembly line for me and had it to Idaho fast. I could have been pissed but the motor issue seemed like a fluke- cat was fast getting me back out in the snow no questions asked. I know that cat had the motor sent back to them as very few had gone down. I’d bet this gets replaced sooner but this is a rider accident- id be shocked if it’s warranty.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Guy jumped and landed on a huge stump. And parts aren't back ordered till July. The majority of the replies on Facebook are mind numbingly stupid.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Guy jumped and landed on a huge stump. And parts aren't back ordered till July. The majority of the replies on Facebook are mind numbingly stupid.

Yes they are. You can get alpha parts, might take a couple weeks. Cat will probably want his rail

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
3 mono rails broke in my area, same spot as the picture at the top.I ride with one of the guys and he told me 2 others at the dealer with the same problem. nothing a rail brace can't fix if it becomes a issue.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Looks like it has an inner core, should bond the two with adhesive to reduce excessive force on the outer A frame! By the way, what is the thickness of the A shaped channel surrounding the core? I am very surprised this section broke off as it looks thicker than the rest of the rail behind? But then again I was surprised it has an inner core either full lg. or just the front half? Mike

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looks like it has an inner core, should bond the two with adhesive to reduce excessive force on the outer A frame! By the way, what is the thickness of the A shaped channel surrounding the core? I am very surprised this section broke off as it looks thicker than the rest of the rail behind? But then again I was surprised it has an inner core either full lg. or just the front half? Mike

I believe they are bonded. (Or supposed to be)

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
3 mono rails broke in my area, same spot as the picture at the top.I ride with one of the guys and he told me 2 others at the dealer with the same problem. nothing a rail brace can't fix if it becomes a issue.

Pics? Or just heard from a friend of a friends friend that on his way home from the poo dealer he stopped at the bar and after a few rounds met a guy there who said his friend was at the dealer and heard about these broken rails.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
if it is multiple units (and not just internet hype), i am wondering if odd hits are creating a stabbing issue like the standard skids, where we all put anti-stab kits on (or come from the factory with anti stab kits).

with the mono rail, it looks like the front rail tip "could" hit the drivers. things that make you go hmmmmmmm?

Ski

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
if it is multiple units (and not just internet hype), i am wondering if odd hits are creating a stabbing issue like the standard skids, where we all put anti-stab kits on (or come from the factory with anti stab kits).

with the mono rail, it looks like the front rail tip "could" hit the drivers. things that make you go hmmmmmmm?

Ski

You mean the anti stab that they come from the factory with?

70ee208962170010978be426412dfb8d.jpg

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com

Ski

I dont care what type of skid/rail it is or what antistab you have. If you are packing a wheelie and set it down right on top of a stump you are going to break something.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah, it's all pretty meaningless without knowing what has led to the supposed failures. The stuff some people do to sleds these days is a bit out of the design envelope any reasonable person would expect.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Sorry missed the stump part, that would explain why it just didn't bend but snapped! I bet there is more wrong than just what meets the eye?

Premium Features