• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: ZRP - GEN 4 TAILSTANDER ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
These new weights from ZRP are the answer to reducing clutch/belt temps and improving top and mid range pull on the new the Gen4 Ski Doo.

Fits all P-Drive models. Designed to work with stock springs, helix and gearing, no other changes required. Ideal for Hillclimbing and Tree Riding.

(The weight is not directly comparable to the weight of the stock clicker weights as this replaces the clicker, bolt, and all it's mass. 80g might seem heavy just looking at the raw number, but you are already running that much with the stock weights.)

Available in 80g and 85g with each being adjustable by 16g.

Post any questions you have below.

Check them out on the website here:
http://www.zollingerracingproducts.com/shop-our-store/gen-4-tailstander-adjustable-weights

20170206_131836.jpg

20170124_161836.jpg

weights.JPG

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Can you change the weights without pulling the clutch like the polaris?
No more clicker?
Have to pull weight to adjust tip/pin weight?
Thanks!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Loving the weights so far, great work. Temps have been reduced some, for me anyway. Much more consistent pull through the shift curve and very little RPM deviation over rollers on the mountain.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
2 grams and 1 gram weights are supplied with a combo of both. Very tunable and after 3-4 rides with em. The results are pretty much as advertised.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Just a basic starting point. Nothing specific on different track length.

They are pretty easy to do. You mess with it about once and should be able to get them figured out on what needs to go where to get things working for each specific rider/sled/area, I'd think.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Looks like a nice product that would work well once dialed in for a riding area that doesn't vary too much in elevation. In western Canada we can ride locally, the foothills and several riding areas with significant changes in elevation and conditions. I like the clicker system for being able to make minor adjustments even on the hill. JMO

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Looks like a nice product that would work well once dialed in for a riding area that doesn't vary too much in elevation. In western Canada we can ride locally, the foothills and several riding areas with significant changes in elevation and conditions. I like the clicker system for being able to make minor adjustments even on the hill. JMO

pDrive clicker doesn't adjust for top RPM anymore, it changes "revyness" and "hit". Not sure what those mean exactly, but it's not the 200 RPM per setting adjustment anymore.

Also, I noticed on Zbros site that these weights are for 7-10k' and above. Anybody tried them at lower elevations?

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
ZRP - GEN 4 TAILSTANDER ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS

pDrive clicker doesn't adjust for top RPM anymore, it changes "revyness" and "hit". Not sure what those mean exactly, but it's not the 200 RPM per setting adjustment anymore. Post #13

Sorry to disagree with the above statement: Page 314 subsection 2, adjustment: "This adjustable drive pulley allows setting maximum RPM in the vehicle to maintain maximum engine power. The adjustment has an effect on high RPM only".

I tried the clicker and it works as described in the 2017 Shop Manual Rev G4 and in the operators manual.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
pDrive clicker doesn't adjust for top RPM anymore, it changes "revyness" and "hit". Not sure what those mean exactly, but it's not the 200 RPM per setting adjustment anymore. Post #13

Sorry to disagree with the above statement: Page 314 subsection 2, adjustment: "This adjustable drive pulley allows setting maximum RPM in the vehicle to maintain maximum engine power. The adjustment has an effect on high RPM only".

I tried the clicker and it works as described in the 2017 Shop Manual Rev G4 and in the operators manual.

I know that's what it says, but that's not what has been borne out in testing by the clutch kit gurus - https://www.ibackshift.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=84#clickerposition

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I can attest for the clicker adjusting peak RPM. I was riding with my G4 at 2K feet with some 968 ramps (stock I was running 967) on setting 3 and it was lugging down to 7300rpm as it shifted out, felt really bad. I then raised the clicker setting to 5 and gained my rpm back to 8000rpm. Felt much better but didn't like the idea of losing so much rpm with these weights so I went back to 967s and going to try and add some pin weight to get me to setting 3 (normally run setting 1 at 8000-8100rpm). I would like to try these zrp weights, just wished they retained the easy adjustment of the stock ramps.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Also running ZRP in a TMS927 with very good results, Helix and spring change, gearing, floating secondary. Have the 85G base weight set, Have been running these at 10,000 and up.
Top notch service from Travis and Bobby.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Why did you make these so that the clicker feature wouldnt work with them?

Premium Features