• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see your wraps !

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
5eb9379f8d9e5c8ffe5c54850650c0c4.jpg

Not completely done yet, but it's looking good so far imo.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
A couple more from SCS

Got my buddy and my sleds back from SCS. They turned out great but with one glitch - SCS got the wrong orange for my wrap, so it kinda looks red in some light, orange in others:

w6mujWu.jpg

3OBj0yl.jpg

qU3680k.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Got my buddy and my sleds back from SCS. They turned out great but with one glitch - SCS got the wrong orange for my wrap, so it kinda looks red in some light, orange in others:

Damn! Looks good, but the orange is not the same as stock, if that's what you wanted. It's to bad you don't have a black or white skid plate, then it wouldn't stand out much at all.

Did they offer to make it right or did you approve a proof and that was end of conversation??

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Damn! Looks good, but the orange is not the same as stock, if that's what you wanted. It's to bad you don't have a black or white skid plate, then it wouldn't stand out much at all.

Did they offer to make it right or did you approve a proof and that was end of conversation??
Well, kinda both. I did approve a proof, but it was after they sent two different color swatches to pick from. I say (as does everyone else who has gotten to view them) that they used a color from a red swatch when I had requested that same color # from the OTHER swatch. They're both the end of the swatch, but my choice was more orange, not so red. I had wanted darker orange than stock, but not with so much red in it. In fairness to them, they did send a proof, but I approved that based on the change we discussed and while looking at it in a phone at work without the swatches to cross check.

So I emailed them, and they believe something else may have happened. I sent them photos today of the wrap against the swatches so they could see for themselves.

In the end, the wrap is already installed, so not sure exactly what to do about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
Well, kinda both. I did approve a proof, but it was after they sent two different color swatches to pick from. I say (as does everyone else who has gotten to view them) that they used a color from a red swatch when I had requested that same color # from the OTHER swatch. They're both the end of the swatch, but my choice was more orange, not so red. I had wanted darker orange than stock, but not with so much red in it. In fairness to them, they did send a proof, but I approved that based on the change we discussed and while looking at it in a phone at work without the swatches to cross check.

So I emailed them, and they believe something else may have happened. I sent them photos today of the wrap against the swatches so they could see for themselves.

In the end, the wrap is already installed, so not sure exactly what to do about it.

Do you live close to the SCS offices? I am in the process of designing one right now with them and I got my first set of proofs emailed to me today. I am local but the emails back and forth are driving me nuts because of the issue at hand. I gave the designer my number and told him to call me if he was allowed and I would come down and go over it with him. I think that would save all of us a lot of time, heartache and money in the end. I know it's peak season for them but I think if you are local face to face would work better and be faster in the long run.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Do you live close to the SCS offices? I am in the process of designing one right now with them and I got my first set of proofs emailed to me today. I am local but the emails back and forth are driving me nuts because of the issue at hand. I gave the designer my number and told him to call me if he was allowed and I would come down and go over it with him. I think that would save all of us a lot of time, heartache and money in the end. I know it's peak season for them but I think if you are local face to face would work better and be faster in the long run.

I went into the office and spoke the receptionist at SCS to place my order and when I got the proof it was perfect. Its possible you might be able to talk to the designer face to face, but he/she may work out of a home office.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I went into the office and spoke the receptionist at SCS to place my order and when I got the proof it was perfect. Its possible you might be able to talk to the designer face to face, but he/she may work out of a home office.

I'm working with the local project manager who coordinated our installs. Like I say, they're already on the sled, so I'm sure options are limited. Buddy has a similar issue, they installed the glovebox lid portion after he asked them not to because he was installing the glovebox extension. None of it's major, just minor niggles at this point.

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA

I also talked to the receptionist. They have been awesome to work with so far and they do great work I just don't want there to be any surprises for them or myself after they install the wrap for me.

Last edited:
T

Toothguy

May 10, 2012

I did the same thing when I was going back and forth multiple times a day via email.... I actually called there and was told I couldn't speak with the person designing my wrap. As frustrating as it was everything worked out fine in the end and I love the finished product. I do agree speaking over the phone would be much more efficient for everyone

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Unfortunately, I'm close , but not that close at about 3 hours away. I had SCS send color swatches and that helped a ton, otherwise you could go back and forth with the designer forever. They got close to what I wanted, and I used the swatch for final color selection. The only issue that resulted was a mixup in communication about which color swatch I meant when I picked my colors.

If your are close enough to walk in, it helps tremendously. The colors are much easier to visualize when you see them in person.

Last edited:

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Hmm, what are you trying to tell us...
I know, right? :) The "red" color is really a burnt orange, it just doesn't look that way in certain light, and is darker than I intended it to be.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I also talked to the receptionist. They have been awesome to work with so far and they do great work I just don't want there to be any surprises for them or myself after they install the wrap for me.
Check your proof carefully against a print sample or swatch and you'll be OK. That's where I went wrong, not triple checking the final print against the sample they sent me.

Premium Features