• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHAT will you mod first on your new Gen4 ?

C
Oct 28, 2010
Add ons

Can't call them "mods" but have a few bolt-ons ordered.

-summit seat bag
-skid plate
-CFR Boondocker 2.0 flat black handlebars
-4 inch Fly risers
-Mountian Adiddtion black gas cans
-GGB can
-Esticky wrap
:eyebrows:

image.jpg

R

R3bu

Dec 11, 2014
Wrap, can, fox floats, and maybe boards
z7w4KHt.jpg

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i gotta disagree on the running boards....i have size 15 feet and i hate narrow boards. i stood on one of these 850 doo's at show and they felt great to me

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i stood on mine at the dealer last night. i now see why doo offers those "toe holds" you can bolt on near the front of the running boards. i had them order me the adjustable toe holds. it seems like a joke that they didnt come factory with SOMETHING there.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
i stood on mine at the dealer last night. i now see why doo offers those "toe holds" you can bolt on near the front of the running boards. i had them order me the adjustable toe holds. it seems like a joke that they didnt come factory with SOMETHING there.

I was going to order them too, the adjustable ones, but last night I was going over the sled with Dave Norona
and he talked me into waiting. according to him, he thought the same thing, but after riding it for a bit, he felt he didn't need them. at $225, I think ill give it a try w/o them first

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I was going to order them too, the adjustable ones, but last night I was going over the sled with Dave Norona

and he talked me into waiting. according to him, he thought the same thing, but after riding it for a bit, he felt he didn't need them. at $225, I think ill give it a try w/o them first

You will want them for trail riding!
Jumping maybe?

Normal powder riding will probably see your feet further back than the toe hold

My XM was sensitive to foot placement
Had to find the sweet spot

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
Jumping maybe?

good point, on a decent drop, wonder how far your feet are going to come off the running boards? I like riding as far forward as possible on the sled, so maybe they will be useful.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Jumping maybe?

I pull up on my toes quite a bit on downhill pow turns ... I'm actually kinda pissed it's an "Accessory" I have to pay extra for .. but oh well .. i'll be getting them

That and the crap 7/8" bars that come on the X .. what the duece BRP !!! why downgrade perfectly good X bars to crappy 7/8 flat bars

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
After finally checking out a 2017 summit today the show room floor. (Summit 154"). I would say the SP model running boards are very lame. I couldn't believe it. WIDE like major wide and consequently flex. They are XP noodles. I could step on the edge of the board and see it flex. It was like stepping down on a 2009 running board. I may have bent the running board on this brand new gen4 by bouncing on it with one foot. I weight 185 lb.
Installing stiffer running boards in my guess would enhance rider input.

Premium Features