• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Snow Check Prices

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Just wondered what everyone is seeing for snow check pricing. If you could list what kind of deals you got and on what exact sled, I think it will help us all get the best pricing available!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I got a smoking price today from one dealer out of town. iam waiting for my dealer to get back from the show, so I will have one spoken for by fri. 2 other dealers wanted almost retail and they all said there will be limited numbers a loted for snowcheck

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I got a smoking price today from one dealer out of town. iam waiting for my dealer to get back from the show, so I will have one spoken for by fri. 2 other dealers wanted almost retail and they all said there will be limited numbers a loted for snowcheck

Care to share this smoking deal?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I am like everyone else, I want to feel like I am getting a good deal.
I want to urge others to look at every factor to determine what is a good deal.
Price is the easiest factor to consider, but certainly not the only factor.

I want to buy from a dealer who wants to take the time to sell me on their dealership.
How do they support the sport in general?
How do they support their local or state snowmobile organizations?
Do they support BRC?
Do they promote youth snowmobile safety?
Does the salesman care enough to ask about me & how I ride to ensure that an effort is made to set the sled up correctly for me?
Are they trying to gain future business by promoting their service dept?
Do locals buy there? If they are not taking care of their locals, you know they won't take care of you.

Selling by price alone shows me that there is no salesperson skills & piss poor management.

Lastly, if these will be in limited numbers, it would display lack of intelligence to fail to capitalize on this rare opportunity to make your store some profit. At the very least, give the good deals to your existing customers, not someone on a cold call from 200 miles away.

My 2 cents.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
This is so dumb... What is with the majority of snowmobilers so worried about getting the best possible deal on sleds? So you drive 7 hours to save $500 on a sled? Why don't you support your local dealership and buy from them so you have someone close to work on and service your sled? In turn the dealer can make more money and carry more lines of products and accessories for you to put your hands on and buy. Price is the last thing I ask the dealer about when I getting something repaired or wanting to pick something up... And you will see my sled being worked on within hours of me dropping it off, while yours sits on the side for a few days before they get to it... For crying out loud people support your local dealers. And if you can't afford the extra $500 than perhaps you should go do a sport like snow shoeing that you can afford

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I am like everyone else, I want to feel like I am getting a good deal.
I want to urge others to look at every factor to determine what is a good deal.
Price is the easiest factor to consider, but certainly not the only factor.

I want to buy from a dealer who wants to take the time to sell me on their dealership.
How do they support the sport in general?
How do they support their local or state snowmobile organizations?
Do they support BRC?
Do they promote youth snowmobile safety?
Does the salesman care enough to ask about me & how I ride to ensure that an effort is made to set the sled up correctly for me?
Are they trying to gain future business by promoting their service dept?
Do locals buy there? If they are not taking care of their locals, you know they won't take care of you.

Selling by price alone shows me that there is no salesperson skills & piss poor management.

Lastly, if these will be in limited numbers, it would display lack of intelligence to fail to capitalize on this rare opportunity to make your store some profit. At the very least, give the good deals to your existing customers, not someone on a cold call from 200 miles away.

My 2 cents.
LOL good luck finding a dealer in eastern SD that checks more than 1-2 at most of those boxes. Hard to go into a dealer around here and even get someone to look at ya.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
This is so dumb... What is with the majority of snowmobilers so worried about getting the best possible deal on sleds? So you drive 7 hours to save $500 on a sled? Why don't you support your local dealership and buy from them so you have someone close to work on and service your sled? In turn the dealer can make more money and carry more lines of products and accessories for you to put your hands on and buy. Price is the last thing I ask the dealer about when I getting something repaired or wanting to pick something up... And you will see my sled being worked on within hours of me dropping it off, while yours sits on the side for a few days before they get to it... For crying out loud people support your local dealers. And if you can't afford the extra $500 than perhaps you should go do a sport like snow shoeing that you can afford

I'll tell you why I don't buy from my local dealer. I live in Illinois, where there are no mountains and we are at sea level. When I am looking for advice on a Ski Doo Summit he has none. He's a great guy and I do buy many parts, oil, etc from him. But his mechanics have no knowledge of mountain riding or tuning, and neither does he.

Where do I buy from? Brian at Montrose Implement in Montrose, CO. Here is why: I usually ride on the Grand Mesa, which is near Montrose. He has brought multiple demo sleds to the Grand Mesa for me (many others as well, not just me) to try over the years. He has delivered my new sleds to my rental cabin on the Grand Mesa. And when I break something and go to his shop for parts and service he quickly services my sled as he knows that I am there on a vacation and do not want to spend my time other than riding. When I call him on the phone and ask him about clutching for elevation he has an answer. Not one that he reads from the Ski Doo service manual, but an answer from him being out there and riding at said elevation.

I am not saying to buy from him, although he is a great guy, but buy where you ride, as they are the guys who will be taking care of you when you need it first thing in the morning without an appointment.

Last edited:
R
Oct 10, 2014

Buy where you ride..Thats what I do and that works for me.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'll tell you why I don't buy from my local dealer. I live in Illinois, where there are no mountains and we are at sea level. When I am looking for advice on a Ski Doo Summit he has none. He's a great guy and I do buy many parts, oil, etc from him. But his mechanics have no knowledge of mountain riding or tuning, and neither does he.

Where do I buy from? Brian at Montrose Implement in Montrose, CO. Here is why: I usually ride on the Grand Mesa, which is near Montrose. He has brought multiple demo sleds to the Grand Mesa for me (many others as well, not just me) to try over the years. He has delivered my new sleds to my rental cabin on the Grand Mesa. And when I break something and go to his shop for parts and service he quickly services my sled as he knows that I am there on a vacation and do not want to spend my time other than riding. When I call him on the phone and ask him about clutching for elevation he has an answer. Not one that he reads from the Ski Doo service manual, but an answer from him being out there and riding at said elevation.

I am not saying to buy from him, although he is a great guy, but buy where you ride, as they are the guys who will be taking care of you when you need it first thing in the morning without an appointment.

Since you vacation & ride there, I would consider him your local dealer.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT

I'm glad you like my thread, thanks for being so friendly...

I think knowledge is power and as consumers, being informed, is never a bad thing.

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
I think that quote is in CAD.

Looks like they are both in CAD...
Going to price one out this weekend and will report back.
face-icon-small-happy.gif

Premium Features