• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not impressed with the 2017 so far.

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
if you dont like the steering dont buy a ski-doo its a trait theyve had for a long time and i highly doubt thatll ever change many people prefer it. i cant stand the way polaris sleds steer and cats are a little better then po but not as nice as a ski-doo to me

G

Gobig510

Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
Looks

I guess looks can be pretty subjective. I think they look great!:face-icon-small-coo

All the poo guys are knocking the looks because that is the most subjective aspect of a sled, and you can't find much fault in anything else... I am not brand loyal at all. My phone is an android, my computer is a mac, we have a mix of Ford, Chevy, and Dodge in the family, and we've owned pretty much every sled. That said, it looks like I'll be going with Doo for my next sled:

-It looks mean and lean despite what you haters are saying
-Most hp out of the 800 mountain sleds, even if it is only a few hp increase from last year
-Possibly the most agile sled
-Possibly most durable 800 mountain sled, if Doo continues its excellence in this department
-Looks like it has the best fit and finish
-Clutching is a big deal to me, and it seems like they have a real winner
-I've always loved the handling of Doos
-I want a sled that will last more than a year or two
-I think turbo applications will work VERY well with this motor

C
Apr 28, 2008
spokane wa
We were literally lied to for years.. Same thing with the gas tank. Apparently they knew for years you can't get the last gallon in the tank. Probably some of you knew this.. I didn't. Now the new tanks are 9.5 gallon, and they are saying you have the same range as before... Who do we believe anymore??

They touched on both those things in the live show on facebook, brps dyno was 155hp on xms, they went with the outside dyno cause it was bigger( who's to say the new 850 won't dyno more on outside dyno guys) then they talked about the new tank and mentioned no more burping the tank to get the last gas in , I chuckled at that.
Oh and I like everything about this new sled, and I'm on a Polaris right now

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Norona cleared a few facts up in his Facebook live feed..

Why is 165 hp on new 850cc sled and a ten hp claimed over previous 800 etec.. Numbers don't jive

He said skidoo never said 163.. That was reported by a independent firm.. And confirmed by them..the numbers doo had on the 800 etec is 155hp and now that same dyno shows 165 hp on the 850cc motor..

So when that same independent dyno does the 850cc motor we should see the same ten hp claim..

Dave Also said that when he was climbing with the etec 850cc 165 up a deep and steep hill he then tried with the older 174 800 etec and he could not even make the same climb in the 850cc sled marks.. That is a hugggge difference

Also got out of another video where all the big name riders are seeing a huge difference in control and performance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Yju0uLgwQ

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Norona cleared a few facts up in his Facebook live feed..

Why is 165 hp on new 850cc sled and a ten hp claimed over previous 800 etec.. Numbers don't jive

He said skidoo never said 163.. That was reported by a independent firm.. And confirmed by them..the numbers doo had on the 800 etec is 155hp and now that same dyno shows 165 hp on the 850cc motor..

So when that same independent dyno does the 850cc motor we should see the same ten hp claim..

Dave Also said that when he was climbing with the etec 850cc 165 up a deep and steep hill he then tried with the older 174 800 etec and he could not even make the same climb in the 850cc sled marks.. That is a hugggge difference

Also got out of another video where all the big name riders are seeing a huge difference in control and performance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Yju0uLgwQ

Not to be rude, but since he is paid by skidoo to be a fanboy do your really think he would say anything else?

That said, I don't know what you fellas are disappointed they made steps in the right direction all around. lower weight and more power are the 2 of the most important things in the game right now. I am curious though about the motor and if this motor will be a little more turbo friendly?

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
They also say 25lbs lighter. On my 15X I just swapped muffler, added belt drive and I pretty much shed that much weight. I wonder if you'll see as much of a loss by doing that to the 2017s. Then you'd have substantial weight loss. Add aftermarket hood and the thing would be under 400lbs.

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
I have been waiting for ski doo to build a sled that would bring me back to them. Was hoping to see at least 3 major changes-rider position/steering,secondary lower in chassis and a improved drive clutch- one out of three isn't going to do it.

N

nfinit100

Oct 1, 2015
Northern CO
from what it shows on paper, it at least looks like a far better change than the last couple years. I have to ask though...who the hell would pay that for the burton edition which is the exact same sled as last year from what I can tell? Even an expensive CFR rack with all the accessories on a 2016 will still be at least a grand cheaper. have a feeling wraps will be popular this year.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
if you dont like the steering dont buy a ski-doo its a trait theyve had for a long time and i highly doubt thatll ever change many people prefer it. i cant stand the way polaris sleds steer and cats are a little better then po but not as nice as a ski-doo to me

I rode Polaris for years and fought pain in the tendons in my elbows towards the end of every season. This year on a Doo I have yet to have any issues with my elbows. Is that because of the difference in the steering? Maybe. Maybe not. I think it is though so I am a convert. I thought I would hate it! Was ready to put the $ down a relocation kit but decided to ride as is and have over 500 miles on the stock setup. Guess I am used to it now and I actually like it.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
U guys make me laugh. Nobody has ridden this thing yet except paid by skidoo people and its the greatest thing ever.

It's still almost #30 heavier than a poo, body panels are still to wide ( look at the side of the sled compared to the spindles) the attack angle on the front of the track is very steep by the looks of the pics. Also in the specs it says 6 tooth drivers I know with the 3.5 pitch track that means it's bigger, but I wonder how much the driver is engaging the track?

Now I would like to ride one might be the best thing ever but I will save the game changer, poo & cat killer, worlds best sled untill than.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I am not going to buy one because it's ugly? You all married a Miss America as well. Put a wrap on it of your choice and go ride the newest baddest sled on the market.

Premium Features