• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone know the weight of complete BDX drivetrain?

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
If you were to throw everything listed below in a box, does anyone know what it would weigh? Not looking for an exact weight but within a pound or two would be nice.

BDX diamond lite drive
BDX lightweight rotor & pads
BDX lightweight track shaft with drivers
secondary clutch
brake caliper with bolts
track shaft nut

Under 30 lbs? 25 lbs? 20 lbs?

Thanks

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
I managed to find a few of the weights in old posts.

Diamond Lite drive is 13 lbs 5 oz.
BDX lightweight brake rotor 1 lb. 10 oz.
BDX pads for ceramic rotor 10.5 oz.

Anyone know how much the lightweight trackshaft weighs?
Brake caliper?

Jul 22, 2009
I weighed the ddrive, trackshaft and rotor when I put them on this summer. The trackshaft was dead nuts the same weight as the stock shaft and the complete brake setup (pads, rotor and little spacer ring) was 2lb9oz lighter from BDX. The BDX diamond drive was 3lb lighter than stock, no oil. Sorry - I don't have notes on the original weights anymore, just the weight savings but the numbers I listed above are very accurate.

Also, the savings are being compared to a 2011 m8 above.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
I have two used calipers on the way. When they get here I'll throw them on the digital scale. I was just curious as to the complete weight of a Diamond Drive setup compared to the CMX belt drive.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Cat parts are portly. A complete brake caliper with nuts, bolts, spacer, bearings, but no pads is 4.6 lbs or 4 lbs 9.5 oz. So 20 lbs 2 ounces for everything except the clutch and track shaft with drivers which I don't have to weigh.

Premium Features